Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Got a clue?

(not my coin or picture)
Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile

Comments

• In this case it didn't do any good - I'm still totally ignorant of what it is - but it is a good test for a very simple picture size increase method I recently discovered.

Right click on the image, select "Copy Image", and paste it into an Excel worksheet. Then just grab the lower right corner and drag it diagonally as far as necessary to get a picture large enough to see.

Depending on the resolution built into the displayed picture, this method can sometimes go very far before pixilation messes things up.
    Roy

• I tried and it works.
    Thx for the tip Roy!
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Did you get an ID on this one??

My best guess is a Mamluk AE Fals, not a great match, but I'm tired of looking image

Fals
    Fals2
    Fals3
    Fals4

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do the same by copying and pasting the picture into the Paint program.

(Start menu > "All Programs" > "Accessories" > "Paint", for most 'puters with XP).

Once you have it pasted into Paint, you can shrink or increase images by percentages, by using the "Image" > "Stretch/Skew" command from the menu, or simply with Ctrl + W.

Very handy, because my photo editing program doesn't resize without seriously pixelating and messing up the qualities of the image.

If I have to resize something, I use Paint.

You would put in 50% horizontal and 50% vertical into the Stretch command, to shrink an image to half its size, for example. Or 200% in each to blow it up to twice its size. Try it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Cool. I tried both and they had great results. Thanks for the info guys. Now if I can only remember it next time I want it!image
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py