Home Sports Talk

Proposed New Rule For Major League Baseball ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
I think the NBA has a lot of bad rules. But one rule I like is that a player is automatically suspended if he leaves the bench during a fight. Can you imagine if this rule were instituted in major league baseball?

Batter charges the mound. Fight ensures. The dugouts and the bullpens clear. All those players are automatically suspended. (I never understood, dugout and field players are "close to the auction." But what's up with bullpen players running 300 feet to "join the action."

Granted the MLB doesn't have the image problem that the NBA has ... well, maybe it does as to steroids. But regardless, I would like to see this rule instituted. With that said, I think there is about 0.0000000000001% chance of this happening.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Why in the hell would you find it necessary to keep the bullpens from emptying? What kind of killjoy are you? One of the funniest things you can see in the world of spectator sports is a phalanx of obese pitchers dutifully trotting out of the bullpen to the infield in what has to be regarded as a completely insincere gesture of solidarity. Next to watching Carmelo Anthony try to slug someone I think bullpen-clearing brawls are the best thing going.
    >>

• <<All those players are automatically suspended. (I never understood, dugout and field players are "close to the auction.">>

Yeah, they are all too busy bidding on eBay for steroids.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Those bench clearing brawls are pretty lame, all they do is rush into a big circle with a lot of pushing and shoving going on, you call
    that a "fight"? image