Home Sports Talk
Options

Hypothetical Question About Tiger Woods ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
If, when Tiger Woods, playing days are over and he decides to auction off his putter, am I crazy in thinking his putter could fetch over $10,000,000.00, making it the most expensive sports memorabilia ever? I was talking to a friend about this while we waited at the DMV (so we had lots of time).

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Yes. I think your crazy. image I don't see it going for that much. $1,000,000 maybe. I guess it depends on what inflation does to the dollar but I don't think $10,000,000 would be a realistic figure.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Yes. I think your crazy. I don't see it going for that much. $1,000,000 maybe. I guess it depends on what inflation does to the dollar but I don't think $10,000,000 would be a realistic figure.

Chris >>

I dunno Chris, look how much gas is going up these days.
  • Options
    Did Nicklaus or any other great golfers do something like this? That would give you a great indication of what it might fetch. If you could find Nicklaus' total, I'd say you could easily double that and get Tiger's.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    May find out sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He doesn't have the record, and his character flaws have been exposed, why on earth would ANYONE pay that much?

Had he not been a jerk on and off the course and become the record holder for most major tournament wins it might go for a lot, but 10 Million............no way!

Eric Clapton's guitar "Blackie" only went for 1 Million, I would MUCH MUCH rather have that.

So, yes............you are crazy.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He doesn't have the record, and his character flaws have been exposed, why on earth would ANYONE pay that much? >>

Well, his character and shot at the major record were held higher when the OP posted this in 2008. image

I agree though that $10M for his club is out of the question, even in an age when the 1% light cigars with $1000 bills.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    He has probably used hundreds of different putters in his career. Maybe if he only had one since he was a kid it could go that high!