Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WTB Clad Washington Quarters

I need two Washington Clads to finish my registry set: PCGS MS66 1982p and 1992p. Also interested in any MS67 Clad Washingtons you have for sale.

Comments

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I have two bank rolls of 93 P quarters built into a wall in my house, done during a breif illogical instant of home improvement.image
  • Options

<< <i>image I have two bank rolls of 93 P quarters built into a wall in my house, done during a breif illogical instant of home improvement.image >>

Time to open a wall and see what kind of toning they took on.......
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image I have two bank rolls of 93 P quarters built into a wall in my house, done during a breif illogical instant of home improvement.image >>

Time to open a wall and see what kind of toning they took on....... >>

Why, wall to wall, of course. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Wont it be more fun to let some future owner, say, in 75 years...open that wall!

My father and grandfather used to do this all the time in houses they built.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Normally I might agree but I would suspect that if any kind of moisture is within that wall, that both those rolls would be ruined.

Silver handles moisture better than copper nickel so tear it open and pull them out.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Nope, that wall is just an interior room divider wall. Wrapped up like Ft. Knox in there.

Bugs ya, eh?

I thought there were tonz of OBW rolls aroundimage
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nope, that wall is just an interior room divider wall. Wrapped up like Ft. Knox in there.

Bugs ya, eh?

I thought there were tonz of OBW rolls aroundimage >>

At the time, yes, but today's common coins will soon become tomorrow's rarities especially if folks don't stick a roll or two away. Granted, they made them by the millions, sometimes billions, but someday someone will need that spot filled in some collection and there just will not be any around.

I'm rather shocked (and I keep bring this up because it really really bugs me) that astute dealers did not stick away rolls and rolls of 1983 quarters! Especially since the US Mint did NOT produce mint sets for that year! An OBW BU Roll of 1983-P quarters would easily command $900 to $1,000. Especially if the end coins were of good quality. For that matter ANY BU OBW roll of coins from the early to mid 80's is merely a gold bar disguised as a roll of copper nickel clad coins!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nope, that wall is just an interior room divider wall. Wrapped up like Ft. Knox in there.

Bugs ya, eh?

I thought there were tonz of OBW rolls aroundimage >>

It's still hard to get a handle on how many rolls were saved in the
    early '90's but when the price goes up and they start coming out of
    the wood work the only ones availabe might be... ...well... ...coming
    out of the woodwork. image
    Tempus fugit.