Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2008 Awards... ends 30th?

Hello everybody..... i thought i read that the awards ends on the 27th, but i just looked and it now says the 30th.... when does it officially end?

thanks
Michelle

Comments

• Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Dear Set Registry Members,

Another year has passed and it is almost time to judge, once again, the best of the best. Much has happened since February, 2001, when we launched the PCGS Set Registry with just 327 sets listed! Today, seven years later, the Registry is home to some of the finest collections ever assembled. This year, we are also including the first year awards for those participating in the PCGS Currency Set Registry.

The deadline for adding and updating your sets is Monday, June 30, 2007, 5pm EST/2pm PST. All sets will be judged the first week in July based on their status as of the deadline on June 30th. Judges will include numismatic experts from PCGS, PCGS Currency, and the PCGS Numismatic Advisory Board. Winners will be announced mid-July.

To be a contender in this year's awards, sets must be at least 85% complete in PCGS and 75% in PCGS Currency. As a reminder, you must own and have possession of any coin or note you list in your set. In addition, your set must be "published."

To learn about the PCGS awards categories, please click here:
    http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/awards.html

For the PCGS Currency award categories, click here:
    http://www.pcgscurrency.com/setregistry/awards.html

This year, the major awards will be presented at the PCGS Set Registry luncheon scheduled for Friday, August 1st, in Baltimore at the ANA Convention. Email invitations to the luncheon will be mailed mid-June to all Set Registry members. We encourage you not only to attend the luncheon, but to visit the PCGS booth where we will have a very special display.

Sponsored by the PCGS Set Registry, Stewart Blay will display his entire copper collection - over 400 coins. The highlights are literally too numerous to mention here, but Stewart promises that the collection is a "guaranteed mind blower." It consists of the following series:

.1793-1857 Half cents, all in Mint State
    .1856 Flying Eagle cents plus patterns
    .1858-1909 Indian cents plus patterns
    .1909-date Lincolns with varieties CS
    .1909-date Lincolns PR

Stewart's collection is a true work of art that has been 20 years in the making. Be sure to stop by the PCGS booth (#1245) July 30 - August 3, 2008, and enjoy a first-hand look at his masterpiece.

As always, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your participation in the Set Registry!

BJ Searls
    Set Registry Manager
    mailto:bsearls@collectors.com