Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

need help selling a coin from the Mel Fisher Collection

I know nothing about this type of coin but a friend has asked me to sell it.
I attached some pics. The necklace and setting are solid gold. I am curious as to it's value and how to go about selling it.
Thank you in advance for any advice.
pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6

Comments

• Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Here you go Mel Fisher's Store

Their prices are really outrageous !!
  • Options
    Ok, now I have an idea of the value from that site, thank you. Now for selling it. Would ebay work for a high end item like this? or mabe here at the BST board?
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked out one of their stores near the Gold Coast, man talk about high prices! But the kewl thing was getting to hold the gold bar in a case that weighs about 4lbs or so.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    You can ignore Fisher's store as a price guide. They are full tourist retail and then some. Your piece is a two reale, which is quite a bit scarcer than the 8 reales pieces but it's not in all that good condition with an irregular flan and salt water erosion. Being a grade 2, it isn't all that bad either. Grade 1 pieces bring the most money by far though.

Might be worth $500 or so. You might even get more by selling the bezel as scrap and selling the coin separately.

Ebay is way to go. Check previous auctions for a realistic price.