Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Summer FUN Heritage Auction thoughts.

EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't like to chime in prior to any auction, but I think it is important to make a few observations and information known.

First off, Heritage told me that the Indian Cents that were pulled from the Rollins Collection were pulled to be offered in a better venue in the Baltimore ANA sale (edited to add, possibly Long Beach). They will be available, but just not right now.

The 1913 Matte Proof nickel Lot 480 is certianly NOT a Proof. Check the E Pluribus Unum. It is melded together, not seperated like Matte Proofs are. It is a Unc!

Link
Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can appreciate the comments, Rick.

Did you see the Rollins 1858LL in 66? It looked like an awesome example to me from the pics.
    Doug
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you mean the SL. Yes it is nice. I can't say much more than that now.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for not being clear. I was actually talking about the 58LL in 66 that sold last month in the Rollins Part I sale. The 58SL in 65 that you were referring to looked like it could be very nice from the pictures.
    Doug
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1913 Matte Proof nickel Lot 480 is certianly NOT a Proof. Check the E Pluribus Unum. It is melded together, not seperated like Matte Proofs are. It is a Unc!

Ouch! The cuds on the reverse (at 12 o'clock) should have made this one obvious. I wonder if this is a "mechanical error", or a bad holder.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.