Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Requests: How long can it take???????

I put in for a Mike Webster Basic and Master set request almost 6 months ago and it still buried on the list. How can I get this moving or is it just a lost cause?
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    People have waited over a year. How fast a set gets added seems to depend on how many people request it. I'd think more than 1 person would want a Mike Webster set, but maybe so.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    It can't take more than 2 hours of work to get a new registry set up and running. I wonder why it takes so long?
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting 18 months for the Heisman autograph set...

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Player sets use the "Pete Rose" rule of thumb... you probably won't get in until after your dead.
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if our names were Fogel we would get a new set added. It wouldn't be so bad if I actually saw the list get shorter but basically it hasn't moved up the list in the last 3 months. I think it's time to hire some interns.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea. I am sure I screwed something up but I have been waiting for three or more years for a 1976 and a 1977 Topps Baseball All-Stars set request. I have emailed them repeatedly to no avail. Again, I assume I screwed something up but I followed the request instructions explicitly as far as I know.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    When I first joined I asked for a 1955 Topps HOF set. 3 days after making my request I received an email
    from Cosetta telling me ok. However, I was the only person adding cards to the set so after about a month
    I deleted it. This was 4 years ago. What I did not understand was that all 206 cards were part of the set not just the
    actual cards that showed HOF'rs. It did show me as the number 1 set and I thought that was cool, until I realised
    I was the only person doing the set.

Not sure why it takes so long.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I agree!!!!!!..........I can't seem to understand why it takes such a ridiculous amount of time to get sets online. I do understand that the staff updates all of the registries including stamps and coins, but sportscards has so much activity and there is a need to stay on top of requests. I don't expect a ton of sets to be posted every day, but NO ACTIVITY for 2+ weeks at a time is crazy. Then you only see maybe a few once or week or so which is not enough to keep up with demand. The staff has ramped up over the last year and the speed has not improved. I love the registry, but this has to be one of the biggest complaints out there. It is so frustrating and I must believe that I am not the only one that feels this way.....................People need to provide this feedback so something can be done!!!!!!!!imageimage
  • Options
    Maybe they need to redesign the system like Wikipedia and let the users create set registries and let allow the registrants to edit and upkeep those sets based on majority rules systems. At least you would have sets created in a lot shorter time and any consensus errors fixed immediately.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been waiting on Bert Jones Basic Set for 7 months now.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Just found the list and you are right below my request for Bert Jones.
  • Options
    This has become an unfortunate event. Even six months ago a company set would take two months give or take. Now we are up to over five a still going. Player sets take forever. Many of us collect PSA cards because of the registry or at least it stepped up our collecting significantly. These waits are damping the enthusiasm for the thing that brought is here. Not a good business idea.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options

<< <i>This has become an unfortunate event. Even six months ago a company set would take two months give or take. Now we are up to over five a still going. Player sets take forever. Many of us collect PSA cards because of the registry or at least it stepped up our collecting significantly. These waits are damping the enthusiasm for the thing that brought is here. Not a good business idea.
    Fuzz >>

I totally agree. It should be a priority to get more sets in because of the demand it will create for their product. Poor organization and lack of priorites.
  • Options
    BigZBigZ Posts: 78
    I requested the Eddie George Rookie set, almost 6 months ago, and still nothing. They already have the Basic and Master set completed, so it would just be a matter of taking the rookies off either of those sets and bam you have the set. Couldn't take more than an hour or two. It is very depressing.

Looking for:
    Heisman Rookies
    Heisman Collection set singles
    Eddie George PSA rookies
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I requested a player set over 1 1/2 years ago and it still has a ways to go before it gets to the top of the list.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Mine just popped today:

As per your request, the following basketball teams set composites are now online and available for data entry.

1969-70 Topps Atlanta Hawks

1969-70 Topps Baltimore Bullets

1969-70 Topps Chicago Bulls

1969-70 Topps Cincinnati Royals

1969-70 Topps Detroit Pistons

1969-70 Topps Philadelphia 76ers

1969-70 Topps Phoenix Suns

1969-70 Topps San Diego Rockets

1969-70 Topps San Francisco Warriors

1969-70 Topps Seattle Supersonics

http://www.psacard.com/setregistry/default.aspx?c=15

Thank You,

Cosetta Robbins

Assistant Set Registry Manager

• Options
    This is one of the checklists I sent in with my 5 cert #s:

1969-70 TOPPS CHICAGO BULLS

Card No. Item Name Grade Weight
    7 TOM BOERWINKLE 1
    22 WALT WESLEY 1
    37 LOY PETERSON 1
    48 BOB KAUFFMAN 1
    62 BOB WEISS 1
    78 BOB LOVE 4
    91 CHET WALKER 1

They are more spread out in columns , the lists I sent to PSA
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>Just found the list and you are right below my request for Bert Jones. >>

Where did you find the list?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just found the list and you are right below my request for Bert Jones. >>

Where did you find the list? >>

The List

• Options
    I think it's an issue of being so burried and under staffed thet they will never catch up. The only other solution would be for them to start charging for people to use the registry so they could hire more help. I'm not crazy about the idea but when they won't even add my requests(1981 & 82 Donruss/Fleer Brewers Team Sets) to the list there is a problem. The best part about my issue is that Joe Orlando tells me it's not a problem for those to be added but then the set registry ladies saying he doesn't realize how busy they are. Well he is the president of the company so shouldn't he know what the hell is going on??

• Options
    Well at least I know I have some company in my misery. Maybe at the National they will have a solution for us or at least let us air our frustrations.

I think it's all about money as far as what sets get put in first which I don't have an issue with but if they are not going to add certain sets in a timely manner (less than 6 months) then maybe charge us a little to speed up the process or allow someone the tools to add it for them.
  • Options
    I am only 118 player sets away from my dreams of a Mike Webster set registry. Seriously they should just add all HOFers to these sets automatically.

One set above me is Geronimo???????? Really come on
  • Options
    I didn't request it, but I have been waiting for the Sterling Sharpe set to be loaded. I believe it has been on the list since I signed up, well over a yer ago.
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • Options
    months, months and more months.image
    I am always buying 1972 Puerto Rican League Stickers, 1948-49 Toleteros, 1949-50 Toleteros and 1950-51 Toleteros. e-mail pajoyeros@coqui.net
  • Options
    It's been basically 9 to 10 months since I requested it and I don't see it happening, ever. Either they don't have enough manpower to actually update the site or it's so code intensive it really takes days to months to add 1 set. I don't think player sets are viewed as high importance and I think they will eventually give up on them and just say make your own "collectors sets" if you wanna collect just one player.
  • Options

<< <i>I am only 118 player sets away from my dreams of a Mike Webster set registry. Seriously they should just add all HOFers to these sets automatically.

One set above me is Geronimo???????? Really come on >>

Sitting Bull
    Geronimo

are a few above me on the Registry wait list too

How much does a Sitting Bull rookie go for?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I can understand how this might be aggravating, but can't you just go ahead and start collecting cards of Mike Webster (or Sitting Bull, or whomever) right now, and then load them in once the set becomes active?
  • Options
    Old thread but still no moving on this, in response to boo's point. Yes I have already started collecting but my point is if they are going to do this registry then they should have enough manpower to update it in a timely manner especially with sets that really make sense.

Also it is nice to be able to catalog your collection and the changes have made it even better so it is a nice tool but excel works as well.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    When I first started posting here I emailed Cosetta and asked if I could have a 1955 Topps HOF set.

3 days later it was activated. They used the entire 206 players though and after a while I was the only participant
    so I deleted it. Had I known then how hard it really was to get them to create a set I might have not deleted it.

It was cool seeing my name as having the number one alltime set but then it dawned on me I was the only guy
    doing the set.

I have no idea why it should take so long,

Anyway hang in there.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    How much does a Sitting Bull rookie go for?

LOL

Only 70 in front of me for my All-Time Chicago Bulls set.
  • Options
    I requested the Saberhagen set two years ago at the last HOF election. This is easy for me to remember because Saberhagen got somewhere around 1-3 votes.

About a month after the awards I was finally seeing cards requested to pre-existing sets being added. That seems to have came to a complete stop now as well.

PSA needs to hire a full time person to mess with the registry and just add new sets/cards. Until this is done, there will be a lot of money left on the table....mostly to my fellow PSA card sellers, but in the long run...to PSA.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.