Home Sports Talk

Congrats to Grote15 on a probable accurate prediction

stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
Philadelphia 42 35 .545 - 22-18 20-17 13-11 15-11 12-6 3-7 L 5
Florida 40 35 .533 1 22-15 18-20 17-13 11-10 7-5 4-6 L 1
N.Y. Mets 37 37 .500 3½ 20-14 17-23 15-15 4-6 12-14 6-4 W 1
Atlanta 38 39 .494 4 27-12 11-27 16-16 6-13 9-5 6-4 W 2
Washington 30 47 .390 12 15-23 15-24 13-19 10-13 2-8 4-6

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jerry predicted earlier this season that the Mets would be ahead by 10 games at the All Star break. Lo and behold the Mets are almost ahead by 10 games......

........to WASHINGTON. Ah HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, the Phillies aren't exactly running away with it -- they are only 3.5 games ahead of a .500 team.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Coin like I said in another thread- the Sillies Fans all have blinders on as of late...
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Blinders, indeed. I don't know how much trash I'd be talking if my team had just lost 5 straight games and 7 out of their last 10.
  • Phillies will finish 3rd in the East this year. I despise Philly and for that matter anything New York as well.

Mariners and the Bucs....that's where it is at!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Phillies will finish 3rd in the East this year. I despise Philly and for that matter anything New York as well.

Mariners and the Bucs....that's where it is at! >>

Ax?

• << <i>

<< <i>Phillies will finish 3rd in the East this year. I despise Philly and for that matter anything New York as well.

Ax? >>

No dog, I'm the Nex man!

• << <i>Uh, the Phillies aren't exactly running away with it -- they are only 3.5 games ahead of a .500 team. >>

I agree.the RAYS would have a couple game lead over you guys at this point! To get coc*y (they honestly block that word?!) at this point in the season is plain STUPID. Don't make yourself look like an idiot when they pull an 07 Mets and blow it down the stretch....
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I increase the smack for the Phillies and against the Mets, the Phillies play better and win more games...that's a stone cold correlative fact that I have noted through scientific observation and intensive statistical study, so I need to start doing it more again.
    Good...Axtell is back rooting against the Phillies....now I know the Phillies will do well albeit the "reverse jinx" hypothesis.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome! By the way, the Bucs suck
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geez look who crawled out from under his bed the sillies must not have lost tonite.

Oh yeah that's right they didn't play.

Steve
    Good for you.

<< <i>Geez look who crawled out from under his bed the sillies must not have lost tonite.

Oh yeah that's right they didn't play.

Steve >>

Steve - Here's a multiple choice question for ya...Which team is currently in FIRST PLACE in the NL East? The answer is there for ya at the bottom of this post.

Correct answer: Philadelphia Phillies

<< <i>

Ax? >>

He's Baaaaaaaaccccckk!!!!
    BTW Ax, the Mariners are horrible, in case you haven't noticed.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Well, unless mods fix this problem right away, this board has once again officially gone to hell.

Correct answer: Philadelphia Phillies

Yeah but for how much longer?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>image >>

Pets lost 11 - 0 tonight - that is one definition of "UGLY"
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I'm starting to think that the entire NL East is actually trying to lose their games. Check it out. Every team is on a losing streak:

Philles L6 (2-8)
    Florida L2 (4-6)
    NY L2 (5-5)
    Atlanta L2 (4-6)
    Washington L4 (3-7)

Only the NL West beats them for overall ineptitude, but that was to be expected.

<< <i>I'm starting to think that the entire NL East is actually trying to lose their games. Check it out. Every team is on a losing streak:

Philles L6 (2-8)
    Florida L2 (4-6)
    NY L2 (5-5)
    Atlanta L2 (4-6)
    Washington L4 (3-7)

Only the NL West beats them for overall ineptitude, but that was to be expected. >>

Mets backed into 3rd place right WinPitcher? So even while gaining ground, the Mets still suck.
    Sillies lose again...........like I said it is just a matter of time before they fall out of first place.

We then should see a thread titled " Say goodbye to first place Sillies"

Steve
    Good for you.