Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Monumental DMPL dollar collection to be sold at the ANA

An extraordinary collection of PCGS DMPL and PL dollars (which I helped to assemble over the past ten years) will be offered for sale at the upcoming Heritage Baltimore ANA Signature Sale at the end of July. Although not 100% complete, this is the finest DMPL dollar collection I have ever seen offered at public auction – and I have been actively buying and selling DMPL dollars since the mid-1970’s. Not only are many of these coins among the highest numerical grade (finest) for the date, but each one of them were meticulously selected with an emphasis place upon exceptional eye appeal . Following are a number of highlights from this fabulous collection.

1878 7tf Reverse of ’79 PCGS MS65 DMPL – pop 4/0, among the finest certified by PCGS.
1879-CC Capped Die PCGS MS64 DMPL – pop 4/0, among the finest certified by PCGS.
1881-CC through 1885-CC – ALL five coins have been certified MS67 DMPL by PCGS.
1880/9-S PCGS MS67 DMPL – pop 1/0, finest certified by PCGS.
1887/6-P PCGS MS65 DMPL – pop 3/0 (I’ve seen all three and this is definitely the finest).
1888-S PCGS MS66 PL – pop 1/0, finest PL certified by PCGS.
1889-CC PCGS MS64 DMPL – NONE certified fine by PCGS.
1889-S PCGS MS65 DMPL – pop 2/0, I’ve owned ‘em both and this is the FINER of the two.
1891-S PCGS MS65 DMPL – pop 4/0, among the finest certified by PCGS.
1893-P PCGS MS65 DMPL – pop 3/1, extremely rare in deep mirror prooflike condition.
1897-S PCGS MS67 DMPL – pop 1/0, finest known hands down.
1900-P PCGS MS65 DMPL – pop 2/0, this is without a doubt the FINER of the two.
1900-S PCGS MS64 DMPL – pop 3/1, only one certified higher by PCGS.
1903-O PCGS MS66 DMPL – pop 4/0, among the finest certified by PCGS.
1904-P PCGS MS64 DMPL – pop 1/1, one of only TWO DMPL’s certified by PCGS.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, high numerical grade, exceptional eye appeal and extreme rarity (in many cases) are the hallmarks of this landmark offering. If you are in the process of assembling a top flight PCGS Registry Set of DMPL/PL dollars, this sale will provide a rare opportunity to acquire specimens that are very seldom available in the open marketplace. If you would like to see a complete listing prior to the release of the catalog please PM me and I will make sure that you receive it. Thanks and happy hunting.

Mike De Falco
DE FALCO NUMISMATIC CONSULTING
Visit Our Website @ www.numisvision.com
Specializing in DMPL Dollars, MONSTER toners and other Premium Quality U.S. Coins

*** Visit Mike De Falco's NEW Coin Talk Blog! ***

Comments