Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

IKE crew....was this an opportunity for a cheap type 2?

I see this ANACS MS65 1972 Ty2 went for about 1/3

to 1/2 the going rate for the same coin in a PCGS holder.

Given the generally ultra- strict ANACS grading of clad coinage back when, it would seem to me this was an easy way to double your money.

Or was there something about this one that would lead one to think this would not cross to PCGS?

Raise your hand if you have already tried to cross this coin but failed.
"Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
and they're cold.
I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
Mary






Best Franklin Website

Comments

  • Options
    GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    I took a good, hard look at it and even blew it up a little....Why I think the obv. might carry over
    to PCGS MS65, I doubt the reverse ever will. Too much dense chatter at K-4 and most
    importantly, what looks to be corrosion or some kind of "build-up" at ED of UNITED.
    JMHO,
    Brian

    I Love image Variety & Error Ikes! image
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭
    Brian would know. image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file