Home Sports Talk

Georgia vs. Fresno St. in CWS "Battle of the Bulldogs"

The Dawgs play the Dogs tomorrow night in the opening game of the best of 3 series.

I like UGA, but that's exactly what Fresno St wants everyone to do.......doubt them.

Comments

• << <i>I'm predicting Georgia vs. Fresno in the finals for an all Bulldog matchup. Georgia takes it in 3 games. >>

Good call - standing by your finals predicton?

• << <i>

<< <i>I'm predicting Georgia vs. Fresno in the finals for an all Bulldog matchup. Georgia takes it in 3 games. >>

Good call - standing by your finals predicton? >>

Glad someone remembers!

Yes, I stand by it. Too bad I just got home from my Summer League Football game to see Fresno up 3-2 in the 6th....

EDIT: Make that 3-3 in the 6th. Georgia just tied it up on a single up the middle.
  • Georgia takes game 1 with a come from behind victory 7-6. GREAT game!

Game 2 is tomorrow night.
  • It was a great game, nice 8th inning rally by Georgia - Fresno St. 4-0 in elimination games, should be fun tonight...

• << <i>It was a great game, nice 8th inning rally by Georgia - Fresno St. 4-0 in elimination games, should be fun tonight... >>

Georgia is 4-0 in elimination games as well. They lost their opening game then won their regional. They also had to win the 3rd game of their Super to beat NC St.

I'm getting tired of this "cinderella" junk for Fresno. YES, they were a #4 seed however, the selection of them as a #4 instead of #3 was something the analysts had a problem with on the selection show when brackets were first announced. Yes, they've come out of nowhere but does anyone realize that they've won 3 straight conference championships in the WAC (a solid mid major baseball conference)? Or how about the fact that they were a preseason top 25 team? Yes, they had some questionable losses (Indiana comes to mind) but they split the season series with Long Beach ST (top 20 team), and are in fact 9-8 vs. the top 50 this season.

It's just like Davidson in basketball. To the casual fan, it looks like an amazing run but to those that actually follow the game all season long, it's an annoying love fest that the broadcasting companies use to drive up ratings. To sit there and just call Fresno a Cinderella story over and over gives them ZERO credit and says that they basically made it this far by luck. It's time for the selection committees to admit they were wrong rather than act like this is a surprise.
  • rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    Goot, are you looking at UGA for college? It's a good school and Athens is a great college town.
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Goot, are you looking at UGA for college? It's a good school and Athens is a great college town. >>

Yeah, I plan on it. I'm planning on taking a visit up there sometime this year when I take in a Braves game.
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Fresno forces game 3 with a 19-10 win.

I was out with a lady friend, so didn't get to see anything live past the 3rd inning. I was checking updates on my phone and couldn't believe what I was seeing nearly each time I hit refresh.
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Looks like a football score!!!
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    On one hand, I'm a San Jose State grad so I find it hard to root for Fresno for anything. On the other hand, I do try to support my WAC brethren in the postseason, especially for an NCAA championship. I just wish it were a different WAC school than our arch-rivals...

So tonight, I see the glass as half-full: Either the WAC wins or Fresno loses.