Home Sports Talk
Options

PGA Did Not Shut Down Operations ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
In response to the question whether the "PGA [will] shut down operations until Tiger is ready to play again" posed here, the answer is apparently no as Stewart Cink won the Travelers Championship this week. But to be honest, even if I wasn't out of town, no golf would have been on my television. Ah, January 2009 can't come soon enough and I'm not referring to Super Bowl XLIII ... oh wait, that's going to played on February 1, 2009 between the S.F. 49ers and the Oakland Raiders with the 49ers winning 2-0 via forfeit after EVERY member of the Raiders are incarcerated subsequent to a Saturday night brawl in downtown Tampa Bay. image

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, -18.

When they re-designed that course (the TPC River Higlands) to make it "tougher" about 10 or so years ago (i.e. they made it longer), the first year after that the winning score was someting like -7. The courses just cannot keep up with the longer hitting players, probably aided by those enormous drivers that have a sweet spot the size of a softball!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the television audience was quite small
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    ESPN probably still showed only one clip of the winner, and then went on for about a half hour showing past Tiger clips and discussing how he would have dominated the tourney. Yawn.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ESPN probably still showed only one clip of the winner, and then went on for about a half hour showing past Tiger clips and discussing how he would have dominated the tourney. Yawn. >>

Tiger has never entered the GHO / Buick / Travelers tournament and never will. He actually tried to kill the GHO when he started the Douche Bank tourament in Suburban Boston.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ESPN probably still showed only one clip of the winner, and then went on for about a half hour showing past Tiger clips and discussing how he would have dominated the tourney. Yawn. >>

Tiger has never entered the GHO / Buick / Travelers tournament and never will. He actually tried to kill the GHO when he started the Douche Bank tourament in Suburban Boston. >>

Sorry, my bad... Guess ESPN probably didn't mention any golf happened at all then image Sorry, I love playing the game but still cannot figure out how golf is remotely a spectator sport. The only time I watch golf is when I'm waiting for the people ahead of me to finish the hole.