Home Sports Talk
Options

How come no one is posting about Barry Bond's anymore?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday's news I guess; and how quickly the public moves on to other things.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't worry, I still don't like him
  • Options
    Because most of us have absolutely zero interest in him.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the fact that most of us have zero interest in Bond's simply due to the fact that he is not playing this year? I suspect this is the case.

If he plays next year, will the interest level rise?

It is very interesting to see those who idolized Bonds and those who despised Bonds go from having a burning passion about him to having no interest in him, simply because he is not playing. The public has a very short attention span and needs to constantly find the "Next Big Thing" to obsess over.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Who?
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    OK, I will make a post. After reading this article I'm convinced Barry will get a big contract to finish his career and will enter the HOF.

It's a year old but very informative, Barry Is Innocent Linky

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same reason why nobody is posting about Clemens anymore either. The stuff blows over and it becomes old news- however if Barry signed on to a team the flak would boil over once again Im sure.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Personally, all the talk about Barry Bonds bothered me as much as anything else. I'm thankful that he's not playing so I can watch a baseball game without having to endure the constant conjecture and steroid talk.
  • Options
    why doesnt anyone post about mark lemke these days?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When he is playing and breaking records it is impossible not to think about him, and if you're already thinking about him why not also post about him? Happily, he is not playing anymore and none of us have to think about him. Someday soon he will die and we will never have think about him again. If he gets in the HOF, we will never have to think about the HOF again, either. I won't, in any event.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.