Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Move along... nothing to see here.

Well, I think most of you hang out here, so here I go... This is the only Lincoln I own, just got it back from PCGS. My question, does attractive toning add any significant value to a Lincoln Cent? This one is a MS66RB, the obverse has attractive toning, the reverse is red. Sorry, my pics are far from professional, but hey, its only a 66. Another interesting note, the toning is almost perfectly symetrical, kind of a fetish for my toning appeal.

Most of the toning is at the bottom of the coin, and the white debri is on the holder. In your opinion, at what price would something like this sell? Thanks for any help guys, Brad.

imageimage

imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Eye appeal is what you need, brother. Sometimes toning adds, sometimes it subtracts. I like the looks of yours.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    Thanks Curly,

I'm used to capturing silver, wish I could get a better detailed pic. You're right, this one has eye appeal!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it too..........and I don't even collect Lincolns.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toned Lincolns aren't "in." Serious lincoln collectors like the full reds or rich browns. But that isn't to say unusually toned Lincolns may not be "in" some day. SO...you may enjoy looking for specimens like this for your own pleasure and fascination. But there isn't much of a market for it right now sale-wise, IMHO.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

<< <i>Toned Lincolns aren't "in." Serious lincoln collectors like the full reds or rich browns. But that isn't to say unusually toned Lincolns may not be "in" some day. SO...you may enjoy looking for specimens like this for your own pleasure and fascination. But there isn't much of a market for it right now sale-wise, IMHO. >>

Nothing personal dpoole, but I beg to differ. I feel I'm a serious Lincoln Cent Collector and also feel there is a very healthy market for the RB and BN coins. A good majority of us don't have the real deep pockets to be able to aford the full RD examples and more of us are collecting beautiful Lincoln Cents in RB and BN. Prices for these have risen dramatically in the last six month's to a year as proof of their appeal.

• Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Toned Lincolns aren't "in." Serious lincoln collectors like the full reds or rich browns. But that isn't to say unusually toned Lincolns may not be "in" some day. SO...you may enjoy looking for specimens like this for your own pleasure and fascination. But there isn't much of a market for it right now sale-wise, IMHO. >>

I think dpoole is trying to buy that Lincoln cent on the cheap!imageimage

Seriously, the obverse of this coin is very attractive to me, and as long as there is nothing 'hiding' in the photo or on the reverse I would value it somewhat higher than what others have hinted at in this thread and the thread on the US coin forum.

That is my kind of grade afterallimage
  • Options

<< <i>

I think dpoole is trying to buy that Lincoln cent on the cheap!imageimage

Seriously, the obverse of this coin is very attractive to me, and as long as there is nothing 'hiding' in the photo or on the reverse I would value it somewhat higher than what others have hinted at in this thread and the thread on the US coin forum.

That is my kind of grade afterallimage >>

Here are some better pics I took today, with the reverse. The reverse is red, and has a bar that runs down the center of the coin. It's not a distraction to me, but I'm sure it would bother some ppl.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think dpoole is trying to buy that Lincoln cent on the cheap! >>

That's why MO is H. image
  • Options
    LeeG,

Those Lincolns are just BEAUTIFUL!, the swirl behind Lincoln on the 55D just awesome. Maybe I need to change my name image