Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Presidential First Day of Issue Coin Covers

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
I gotta question for anybody that has submitted Presidential Coin Covers for First Day of Issue labels.

These covers come in a sealed cardboard envelope and with in each envelope, the actual cover is sealed in a plastic wrap.

When submitting these do you have to submit the sealed cardboard envelope (not being able to see the coins) or do you submit them in the sealed plastic?
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Sealed plastic is OK, but you need 50 covers to go into bulk and Presidential First Day of Issue Labels.
  • Options
    Thanks Jim.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

I think they label them ( First Day of Mintage ) ATS on the covers, and (First Day of Issue) on the ones from sealed bricks ?

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the first day of mintage coins are special.

This one was made on the second day of mintage, obviously it is much degraded.

I had one that was made on the third day of mintage...but by then the dies had worn to the point where the coin was just a shapeless blob of metal.

• Options

<< <i>I think they label them ( First Day of Mintage ) ATS on the covers, and (First Day of Issue) on the ones from sealed bricks ? >>

PCGS does not have a First Day of Mintage as what I am looking for is First Day of Issue which the Presidential Coin Covers qualify for since they are postmarked individually with the First Day of Issue. (Ref)

What I am trying to determine is can they be shipped like this with the plastic intact:

Or does the cardboard envelope need to be sealed as well?

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I got my answer.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got my answer. >>

and the answer is ....
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think they label them ( First Day of Mintage ) ATS on the covers, and (First Day of Issue) on the ones from sealed bricks ? >>

PCGS does not have a First Day of Mintage

<< <i>

Lee,

They do have First Day of Mintage as well.
    Washington P - Pos A - First Day of Mintage
    Washington P - Pos B - First Day of Mintage
    Washington D - Pos A - First Day of Mintage
    Washington D - Pos B - First Day of Mintage

...And So forth...
  • Options

<< <i>

PCGS does not have a First Day of Mintage >>

Lee,

They do have First Day of Mintage as well.
    Washington P - Pos A - First Day of Mintage
    Washington P - Pos B - First Day of Mintage
    Washington D - Pos A - First Day of Mintage
    Washington D - Pos B - First Day of Mintage

...And So forth...

on the above reference page they state: "PCGS does not offer a First Day of Mintage (or Production) option."

So they must have changed their minds yet once again.............

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>Yes the first day of mintage coins are special.

This one was made on the second day of mintage, obviously it is much degraded.

I had one that was made on the third day of mintage...but by then the dies had worn to the point where the coin was just a shapeless blob of metal.

image >>

Ambro, your coin appears to be a sintered planchet.

The name is LEE!