Home Sports Talk

Nice Numbers

A Rodriguez .328

J Damon .327

J Posada .326

H Matsui .321

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these numbers

Team W L Pct. GB Home Road East Cent. West L10 Strk
    Boston 45 29 .608 - 28-7 17-22 16-13 12-5 11-9 7-3 W 1
    Tampa Bay 41 29 .586 2 27-11 14-18 21-15 5-4 11-7 6-4 W 1
    N.Y. Yankees 38 33 .535 5½ 19-15 19-18 15-15 11-15 8-1 8-2 W 5
    Baltimore 35 34 .507 7½ 20-12 15-22 15-19 7-5 8-8 6-4 W 1
    Toronto 35 37 .486 9 18-17 17-20 9-14 15-7 8-12 3-7 L 3
  • Yeah, but the Yanks are coming....the Yanks are coming...over there...over there.....

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Yeah, but the Yanks are coming....the Yanks are coming...over there...over there..... >>

Not without their Wang
  • Goot, we will see about that. Why do you have a Braves avatar when you are a Rays fan?

<< <i>Goot, we will see about that. Why do you have a Braves avatar when you are a Rays fan? >>

I'm both. Braves for the NL and Rays for AL so it makes it easy to root for both. I've been a Braves fan for most of my life (like almost everyone in the south) but just started following the Rays seriously back in 2005, even though I've been going to games since the inaugural season. If I had to pick one team to be a fan of though, it'd be the Braves.

Check my sig out, Crawford stealing home, Spahn and Hazle in the middle, and Chipper on the right.
  • <<Check my sig out, Crawford stealing home, Spahn in the middle, and Chipper on the right>>

Oh, yeah now it makes sense.

Myself, I am a huge Yankees fan as you probably know but if the Yankees didn't win the World Series I would love to see the Cubs win the World Series with ex-Yankee Lou at the helm. Wouldn't it be something if it was a Rays-Cubs World Series? Will hell freeze over? Stranger things have happened. Just look at the Super Bowl!!!!

<< <i>

Myself, I am a huge Yankees fan as you probably know but if the Yankees didn't win the World Series I would love to see the Cubs win the World Series with ex-Yankee Lou at the helm. Wouldn't it be something if it was a Rays-Cubs World Series? Will hell freeze over? Stranger things have happened. Just look at the Super Bowl!!!! >>

That would be a Circus act of a World Series. If half of the Red Sox get some sort of disease by the end of the season, I think we have a pretty good shot. image