Home Testing Forum
Options

test

Slabbed MS Type Coins FSH: Seated Half-Dimes, '13 T1 Buffalo, Toned Barber Quarter

In general, I don't wish to sell the following coins, but these coins also don't serve the needs of my collecting interest at the moment and selling them is just another option.

I accept Check, Money Order, or PayPal (+3%)
I provide a 14 day money back guarantee on all coins in this lot.

Going in order of denomination, I will be starting off with a nice 1856 Half-Dime graded MS-62 by NGC.
The coin in mention exhibits mostly spotted dark blue toning over a lot of underlying luster.
In my opinion the coin seems undergraded by at least a point or two because there are no major marks on the coin and the coin is well struck.
Sell for $300
imageimage

The second Seated Half Dime is an 1872-S (MM below) graded MS-64 by PCGS.
I think this coin would have graded higher with slightly better eye-appeal because there are hardly any marks to speak of on the coin's surface.
The coin exhibits motted grey toning on the obverse and a light shade of grey on the reverse; while still holding all it's luster.
Sell for $475
imageimage

Next I have a 1913 T1 Buffalo Nickel graded MS-66 by PCGS.
In all honesty, this coin is about average for the grade. Full white luster on both sides, a couple small marks, and a slightly weak strike on the reverse.
After what has been said, this coin is a really nice example of one of the best U.S. coin designs ever produced.
Sell for $280
imageimage

The final coin in this small grouping is, IMO, the best of the bunch; a toned 1897 Barber Quarter graded MS-63 by PCGS.
There is absolutely nothing negative you can say about this coin, unless you are like me and feel it should have made its way into a 64 holder.
This coin is definitely strong for the grade with only a tiny little chatter on the cheek and forehead, with an almost mark-less reverse.
The toning is also wonderfully eye-catching. Shades or Red, Green, and Aquamarine can be seen throughout the obverse and reverse.
If Sunnywood didn't already have an MS-65 example in his second set of Toned Barber Quarters, he may have chosen this one.
I am competitively pricing this coin at $450
imageimage