Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

is 67 the best grade for john quincy adams president?

just wondering if any speculators out there think a JQA presidential dollar may hit a 68 or above. also when are the satin finish coins going to come out for 2008?
thanks,
ryan

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    So far yes. Judging from what I have seen, this should be the top of the heap as I doubt any MS68's will surface. There's just something about the presidential portrait that inhibits good metal flow for a clean looking surface. The Monroe on the other hand was totally different which accounts for the few MS68's that do exist.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna correct myself as the current populations for the JQ Adams are acting a little funny.

I recall when these first started showing up on eBay as MS67's, that the population reports didn;t even register them through the set registry. The set registry has a direct connect to the populations unlike the puplished online reports. At any rate, for the 2008-D Pos A and Pos B coins, the population for a grade higher than MS67 shows as a 0 and not a null or blank as shown in the 2008-P Pos A and Pos B coins. It may mean nothing or it coul mean that 1 graded that high but was later knocked out. I don;t know.

I do know that the current pops are a little squirrely in areas though such as the 2008-W Silver Eagle ( 393057 ) and the 2008-W Silver Eagle First Strike™ ( 393058 ). The populations are exactly the same. Grade for grade and coin for coin which to me seems a little weird.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    POPs as of 6/13/08

2008-P $1 John Quincy Adams First Day of Issue, Position A MS66 1,190 MS67 18
    2008-P $1 John Quincy Adams First Day of Issue, Position B MS66 1,238 MS67 12
    2008-D $1 John Quincy Adams First Day of Issue, Position A MS66 789 MS67 8
    2008-D $1 John Quincy Adams First Day of Issue, Position B MS66 702 MS67 10