Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

The Official Independence Day/ 4th of July Coin Swap thread. PAIRINGS SET! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY*

Edited/ ammended to read that this new swap will now be called The Independence Day/ 4th of July Coin Swap. Deadline to enter is MOVED UP TO 6/27. Pairings to be set later this night so that we can get a jump on this before the 4th.

All interested, please sign up. If you are new you MUST furnish verifiable contact info.

If necessary you may be limited to dollar amount till you learn the ropes.

If I am offline and unable to address your concerns immediately there are many among us that know the drill and will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

OK - let's roll. image

Comments

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Let's get it on!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm up for a good swap! Count me in image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I will give it a go
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    ajbaumanajbauman Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty new here to this forum.... how exactly does a "coin swap" work?
    Buying £2 Britannias
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I'd like in on this one.....
  • Options
    sorry guys , have to withdraw this time around
    john
    References

Loe-steelielee-bought 690. sale
    nate-grandrapidian-bought 70. sale
    Paul-commoncents-3500+ sales
    Ken-jfoot-sold-125.00 sale
    Mike-mozeppa-bought 1080. sale
    Dave-Badger-sale 560.00
    Lochness-sale 1,000. 00
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    I am in!

TC71
  • Options
    I'll jump in this one, but I'm on a limited time frame, work/school/training/doctors...

all the same daily crapola..
  • Options
    OH I just can't resist.

But I have to keep it down, I'm happy to take the newbie. image

If of course he is joining up. Anyone else if he's not.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    My Mother is having surgery today. As such I am going to put the swap and tag on the back burner for a few days.

If all goes well, you won't even notice the slight delay. You guys keep her in your prayers, OK?

Thanks,

B00M
  • Options

<< <i>My Mother is having surgery today. As such I am going to put the swap and tag on the back burner for a few days.

If all goes well, you won't even notice the slight delay. You guys keep her in your prayers, OK?

Thanks,

B00M >>

Will Do!!

I am going to Indiana for 10 days anyways. hopefully I wont miss too much. I will still have internet access so I can keep an eye on you fellas. image

TC71

• Options
    Feel free to continue signup thru the last weekend of June, if OK by everyone (the Majority, that is)!

What I propose is an Independence Day/ 4th of July type theme. Surely, regardless what everyones' plans ARE or are NOT, we can still manage to pull this off even if you're away from your HOME Base and respective collections. We can always just do a workaround.

With this, unless there is STRONG Opposition, I move for the aforementioned with deadline to be this coming Sunday evening/ early Monday AM. If my "trend" continues I will no doubt, make the pairings after Midnight Sunday late and have them UP by Monday morning.

OK ... so with all this in mind - let's find past swappers as well as newcomers. Everybody, help by taking it upon yourselves to assist me in finding these swappers and getting them back IN AND finding out what possible REASONS there may be or MAY HAVE BEEN for the recent lack of participation. Let's, collectively see what we can do about it.

Remember, this is OUR SWAP CLUB - Majority rules. I'm just the Co-ordinator who tries to arrange appropriate pairings of like kind, ways & means - and to try to see to it that ALL abide by Common Sense rules of Coin Swapping.

I could use a little help with this and in these areas Guys, so how about it? Gimme a hand here, alright?

Thanks! I appreciate it. One should never permit ill feelings to have so much as a chance to develop, let alone to fester. If you have issues - for Pete's sake - make them right. It's NOT that hard!

Let's get some people interested and see to it that everything runs as best we can by screening and gathering information - just in case AND to RATE all swappers. I will not refuse or turn away Help.

BOOM imageimage
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Praying for her bro!!! image

Im not sure that I will make this go around. I will be out and about for a week or so.

jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    Thanks Jim. Sign up. We'll work around your situation. No sweat! image
  • Options
    Boomer- 4 days to do a swap is nutz- can't work the PO that fast on a holiday weekend- move yer time frame to this coming Friday (27th) and let her run.

I hope your mom is doin fine now- and you have the time to spend with her.

Now- get butt in gear and set the rally cheer-

tag and swap ...repeat it 5 times fast.
  • Options
    Agreed. It is cutting it too close. The changes will be made to reflect what you recommend.

BTW, she is STILL hospitalized and I have to drive 25 milles one way to check on her then get back here to clean the house and yard for her so she doesn't have to even lift a finger. It was an extremely rough surgery - very painful, and for her to STILL be hospitalized today - Friday when this initially was supposed to be an Outpatient or Same Day Surgery has me hoping and praying her body is not rejecting what was done and then the possibilities of infection are way too real for my taste.

Something is definitely not right here.

OK, so I ask everyone to pray for my Mother, OK? I believe in the Power of collective Prayer - so please, huh?!

I have SEEN the results of group prayer. If all of you could simply remember BOOM's Mom at the same time, for just a few moments, in a simple prayer it would mean a lot to me. Someone please take it upon themselves to PM all involved here as well as people you know and all say a little prayer at the same time all over this country.

That's all I ask. OK. image

Thank you ALL.
  • Options
    So far these are who are definitely in the swap.

1- BOOM
    2- eyoung429
    3- GRANDAM
    4- MUSKY1011
    5- aija
    6- TC71
    7- MH2
    8- lonelyp

Awaiting the sheet on ajbauman (If I'm not on someone please verify what I have conveyed to him)

Being new, you MUST submit a contact list with ALL possible, verifiable contact info as per PM.

All participants have their individual files, kept by me. Everyone knows the drill except for Mr Bauman.

If someone, any one of the established swappers would care to PM him and verify what I have said and that we ALL know to be true, I'd appreciate it.

I should have the pairings set real soon.

Please stand by.

Thank you.

Anyone wanting in, it's NOW or Never for this swap.
  • Options
    OK, Bauman's light went out right after I requested his info. The swap is now closed.

Let's try these pairings and see how they work out.

Let's keep this simple, OK?

BOOM swaps with lonelyp & vice versa

eyoung429 swaps with MH2 & VICE VERSA

MUSKY1011 swaps with TC71

AIJA SWAPS WITH GRANDAM & VICE VERSA

Simple enough. Any problems with these pairings speak up ASAP, otherwise RUN WITH IT!

• Options
    PM sent to LonelyP.

Your Insured Mail # Domestic $200 & under (works just like DC/ Track & Confirm) is changed to

1307 2480 0000 5727 7595.

Ta-Da!!

Fast enough for ya! imageimage
  • Options
    PM'd the earl man.
  • Options
    PM sent to TC71

Jim

• Options

<< <i>PM sent to TC71

Jim >>

PM Sent to Musky1011. Since I am in Indiana until July 9th, I wont be able to get my swap out to him until July 10th.

TC71
  • Options
    I will send out the TC71 pkg

Too bad you won't be home to get itimage

Jim

• Options
    PM'ing with Grandam
  • Options
    Reply sent to Boom.

But I ain't as quick with the DC's.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• Options
    My #s for Paul's shipment have been changed to these.
    1307 2480 0000 5727 7595.

Works the same as Track & Confirm. It's the USPS Insured Mail tag # for $200 & under. image
  • Options
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOps,

I sent Booms package off this morning. I PMed his #s, and forgot to post to the thread.

So here you go. image

Paul

• Options
    Grandam's package is on it's way.....registered, so it may take a while.
    #RE298283573US
    It was agreed that he would hold off sending my package so he could give an opinion on an IKE that I have.

Thanks Grandam. image
  • Options
    My package from Boom was removed from my mailbox this morning.
    It must have been put in Saturday.

I'm holding it unopened untill he gets his. image

Paul

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    MORGANHUNTER2 and I are on a mission.......
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Received AND OPENED the package from my partner and friend, Paul and all I can say is ....

YES!!

Thank YOU, Paul.

When I get time I'll post a picture.

I am VERY satisfied - more like THRILLED! imageimage

Back to playing Nurse. Mom's Home!

I am pretty tired. It was a real rough surgery but she's still with us!

Thanx for all the prayers. image
  • Options
    Pkg out to tc71

Sig Confirmation

2304 3090 0000 1539 6588

• Options
    Swap package on the way to Musky1011!

USPS Priority Mail, Insured.

1307 2390 0001 3618 4941

TC71
  • Options
    Thanks Boom,

The 38-D Walker is GREAT. image I'll take a Walker any day of the week. Don't know why people like those Busties so much.

Paul

• Options
    Hello guys,

I received ajia's shipment of 90% Silver Coin today. All is in good order image

He sent an IKE for me to look at. A PCGS MS63 1972-P TY 1. I think the coin is undergraded by a point, maybe 2 on a good day. It has real nice color to it.

CRACK-IT out and resubmit it Augie! image

I will send out Augie's package hopefully tomorrow.

GrandAm image
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Augie's package is on the way.

GrandAm image
  • Options
    Coins received from TC71

an MS64 Walker 1937

and

an MS64 no cents liberty nickle 1883

Thnx

Jim

• Options
    Musky1011 was kind enough to send me a PCGS MS62BN 1864 Bronze Indian Head Cent. Its my first.

Thanks Jim!

TC71
  • Options
    Picked up the shipment from GRANDAM this morning.
    All is good!

WOW, what a Swap!

Thanks Gary.