Home Q & A Forum
Options

III edge Bust Halves

Greetings. I just had an Overton 107a Bust Half graded by PCGS. They didn't put III edge on the label. If I call up my coin thru the tracking orders section, it is called Variety: III edge.

I phoned PCGS and was told all they will put on the holder is the Overton #.

I've had XXX edge Busties graded by PCGS before, and XXX was placed on the holder.

My concern is that should I sell this coin, buyers are more familiar with III edge labels than Overton #'s, and this can affect the price I get on the coin. Even at auction, if it is not labeled III edge, people may not notice it.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Greetings. I just had an Overton 107a Bust Half graded by PCGS. They didn't put III edge on the label. If I call up my coin thru the tracking orders section, it is called Variety: III edge.

I phoned PCGS and was told all they will put on the holder is the Overton #.

I've had XXX edge Busties graded by PCGS before, and XXX was placed on the holder.

My concern is that should I sell this coin, buyers are more familiar with III edge labels than Overton #'s, and this can affect the price I get on the coin. Even at auction, if it is not labeled III edge, people may not notice it. >>

Hi Mickley,

You are correct -- you should have received both the Overton number AND the III edge designation. Please return it as a Mechanical Error to my attention and we'll fix it for you free of charge.

Thanks and best wishes,
    Ron Guth
    President
    PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
    www.CoinFacts.com