Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Website/Registry Issues??

No pics on the registry and I can't access the pop report. Anyone else??

Comments

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    it's been on and off for me all day, which is frustrating since I was finally doing my V2 review and updates.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    I can't get on the Pop report either. image

1952 Topps Collector.

• Options
    I tried to add about two dozen pics to the registry a couple different times during the day and all I get is the error screen. Maybe Monday?
  • Options

Hey All -

We've had some problems today with the PSA website. We'll be continuing to work on it over the weekend, and everything should be back to normal on Monday morning.

That being said, most functionality is restored as of now...

thanks!

David_R
  • Options
    FIX IT NOW or lose another subscriber, POS
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>FIX IT NOW or lose another subscriber, POS >>

Yeah! And FREE SPIKE LEE! FREE SPIKE LEE! FREE SPIKE LEE!
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Good news everyone, Spike Lee was not really in jail. That was scary. We can all relax a little now.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    My images are ... GONE!!
    There's a hole in my head where the rain comes in.
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭

<< <i>My images are ... GONE!! >>

Mine are too. I guess they are working on it. The thought of retaking the pics would not make me happy.
  • Options
    The thought of retaking the pics would not make me happy.

You aren't whistlin' Dixie!
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I scanned my whole colection when V2 came. I hope this is just a glitch.
  • Options
    You and me both!

Where's that BJ fella?
  • Options
    Ok then. Maybe Tuesday?
  • Options
    I emailed BJ yesterday about the pic problem (Monday). The programmers are aware of it, and working on it. Must be a tough problem, because I still do not have my pics back yet this morning (Tuesday).
  • Options
    Some pics, some red X's.

Nothing loads, however.

What gives?
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    it seems that they might be having problems with newer (post-V2 launch pics). those seem to be the ones that i have "lost". They had the same problem the last time they upgraded but that time you lost older images as well. hopefully since the images and linked to your inventory there is just some other issue and you wont have to reload them.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Something going on with it right now, can not even get into the site to check my set.
  • Options
    I just got an e-mail from BJ. Apparently there was a serious problem with the servers that stored pictures. Bad news for some of us. About 6000 out of 500,000 pics are gone for good. I am apparently part of the 6000.

She was very appoligetic, and did have some good news. Once the tech department became aware of the problem, they quickly went out and bought a new server dedicated to pictures only. It will run backups twice a day, so it is very unlikely this problem will happen again.

I did not have mine saved to the hard drive, so I must start from scratch again. I guess we can safely upload our pictures again........who wants to go first?
  • Options
    Vouchers? Do I hear vouchers?

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I am missing a few as well. Mostly recent uploads.

Easy fix for me, as the images are stored in a folder on my computer. I just have to go back in and re-upload.

Not sure why anyone would scan a pic, upload it to the Registry and then delete it from their hard drive. I mean unless you are running on some ancient 10 GB Hard drive or something..Even then, buy a 2 GB USB drive for $20-$30 and you can store THOUSANDS of images on it.

In my experience, anything stored online, information or files are always subject to disappering or being deleted. Not just by PSA, by any company or location you store them. My advice would be to always have a backup copy of anything you store online through a web-based application. That should be in the Internet 101 manual...lol

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options

<< <i>Vouchers? Do I hear vouchers? >>

LOL.....No, she did not mention vouchers.
  • Options

<< <i>

Not sure why anyone would scan a pic, upload it to the Registry and then delete it from their hard drive. I mean unless you are running on some ancient 10 GB Hard drive or something..Even then, buy a 2 GB USB drive for $20-$30 and you can store THOUSANDS of images on it.

That should be in the Internet 101 manual...lol

Jason >>

I never read that manual, to many big words. Truthfully, I have always been several light years behind every one else when it comes to computers. By the time I fugure out what an ipod or iphone is, they will be extinct. Maybe my pics are somewhere on my computer, who knows. I do know I was keeping them in my documents. I deleted them from there, because the list gets too long. With ebay, etc. I add about 50 a day. I am too lazy to search through them, so I keep deleting them as I go, so I can find them at a glance. Of course on rare occassions I get bit in the butt.....like now.
  • Options

<< <i>

I never read that manual, to many big words. Truthfully, I have always been several light years behind every one else when it comes to computers. By the time I fugure out what an ipod or iphone is, they will be extinct. Maybe my pics are somewhere on my computer, who knows. I do know I was keeping them in my documents. I deleted them from there, because the list gets too long. With ebay, etc. I add about 50 a day. I am too lazy to search through them, so I keep deleting them as I go, so I can find them at a glance. Of course on rare occassions I get bit in the butt.....like now. >>

Well, that sucks then..I lost 49 images, and it will take me about 20 minutes to re-upload them all. If I had to RESCAN 49 cards, it would take an hour at least.

I'm truly sorry for your loss...lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    When I scanned my graded card collection after V2 came out I put them all in a PSA folder in my laptop and backed it up on a memory stick.
    But I lost everything (over 1000 cards). It's going to take me forever to upload them again. image
  • Options
    One word. VOUCHERS.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Just got an email that they lost all the images that I uploaded when V2 came online.
    about 45.
    I'm so bitter....
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Its ok, my pics were not worth looking at anyway.
  • Options
    Hey PSA how about communicating with this forum (those persons/customers that have provided you with a job) as to what the problems are and what steps you are taking to rectify the problem(s)...Ostridge, head, sand...just a thought...
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey PSA how about communicating with this forum (those persons/customers that have provided you with a job) as to what the problems are and what steps you are taking to rectify the problem(s)...Ostridge, head, sand...just a thought... >>

You must not have lost images, because they sent an e-mail out to everyone who did with a list of each and every image lost along with explanation you're looking for. Here ya go:

As you may know, PSA had some website problems last weekend. Our IT department was able to get everything back online and everything was restored with the exception of some of the Registry images. I just received final word that out of 500,000 images there are 6,000 that cannot be recovered.

PSA had a system that synched between two web servers and then a back up would occur on one server. Unbeknownst to our IT department, the servers stopped synching sometime after we launched V2 and then finally broke completely last weekend. This means that not all images were backed up and were simply lost. Our IT department obviously reacted quickly and they have purchased a new server that is dedicated entirely to PSA images and is backed up twice a day so that this problem will never happen again.
  • Options
    VOUCHERS.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    thsnkfully still had about 30 in my recycle bin..

oh and...

VOUCHERS