Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Question

With the advent of serial numbered cards does anyone know how many of a card needs to be made before PSA will add it to say a player master set?? 1/1's wouldn't be added but would something out of 10?? 25??
Anyone know??

Comments

• Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Not sure I understand the question or have an answer. On the coin side PCGS requires a population of at least 5 before adding it to a set. PSA may be different. Not sure if that helped or not.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I don't know if this is the definite answer, but I once read that PSA doesn't like to add cards to master sets unless there have been at least 3 examples of that card that they have graded.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I thought that one of their rules for this very question was that a card had to have at least five examples before it could be added as a possibility on the Registry.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I mean the actual card is serial numbered say out of 5. Would they add a card that only had 5 made?? I'm not talking about the number of cards graded but the actual number of cards made by the manufacturer.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I think it just goes in. However, like two months before the awards.....they go optional. After the awards they will be normal. The expection is cards that are considered ultra-rare and then it takes 3 before they are no longer optional. These "guidelines" do not seem to be retroactive or completely consistent, but that is my understanding.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>I think it just goes in. However, like two months before the awards.....they go optional. After the awards they will be normal. The expection is cards that are considered ultra-rare and then it takes 3 before they are no longer optional. These "guidelines" do not seem to be retroactive or completely consistent, but that is my understanding. >>

So I guess it does come down to amount graded and not so much how many were made for tougher inserts and low pops.

Thanks
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    From my understanding is that serial numbered cards are accepted for master sets as long as they are out of 5 or more. I have a Favre/Manning Signed card that is numbered to 5 that I was able to have added the Favre Master set.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>From my understanding is that serial numbered cards are accepted for master sets as long as they are out of 5 or more. I have a Favre/Manning Signed card that is numbered to 5 that I was able to have added the Favre Master set. >>

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks
    On the topic of Favre, what's the story with the cards listed in red at the bottom of the set composition list??

"These items are optional and not calculated in the grade or the percent completion of the set"