Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Mars Attacks.

anyone got any raw or low grade ones for sale?

Comments

• Options
    I have a beautiful wrapper that I bought 15 years ago with a bunch of other stuff. I knew that it was tough, but I really had no idea at the time. I deal in sports cards, but I have a passion for non sports from the 50s and early 60s. [Not a surprise since I will turn the big 60 in a couple of months] Can anyone give me an idea what it might be worth? I have a customer who knows that I have it and that I'm thinking of selling it. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Greg
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try emailing MickeysSportscards.com He deals in non-sport wrappers
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    heck, just PM WinPitcher on here.
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Good day,
    Arguably one of the Rarest Non Sport Wrappers in all of Non Sports. The few that have sold on E-bay over the last 7-8 years have run the gamit depending on condition from a crumpled up Poor condition for, if I remember correctly over $400. Really nice examples I have seen go for Over $1500.00. I sold my example about 7 years ago to a collector to add to the Set that the Artists Son was selling for $1200.00 which was about an EX example.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the insight. I'll get in contact with Mickey as well. I'll still try and get a scan up as I believe that it is real pretty!
    Greg
  • Options
    greg-

if possible, i would like to see a scan of the wrapper. count me in as quite interested!

thanks, kirk
  • Options
    Good evening,
    Count me in as wanting to see a scan, and not interested in doing any Bidding on these boards. Not what this is about, when I share info it is not as a Dealer, but simply as a collector. And I do not want to see some collector , we''ll call collector "A", Post this: SEE HOW MUCH I CAN GET A FEW EXTRA BUCKS FOR MY CARD. Seriously, I make enough deals and don't need to have this turn into that. Can we just see a scan????
    Thanks
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    ok. I think that I have it this time. Because of the black background, the upper right corner looks like it's missing. It's black also.

link to wrapper scan
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    holy crap is that cool!
  • Options
    Good Day,
    Super condition, I would venture a guess that you should see at least 2K for that one. Awesome. Put it on the Bay with a 2K Reserve and see what happens.
    Neil
  • Options
    Thanks for the help and input guys! I still haven't decided if I'm going to sell it. I may never have the opportunity to have another and it's just so cool!
    Greg

ps I believe that I have booth 1538 at the National. I always look forward to meeting board members.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Greg

You could basically name your price on that wrapper.

I have seen 2 in my life.

That one is the nicest by far.

If I was to guess I'd say 3k for it.

Steve

edited to add Marty Quinn (mighty-Q) also has one and it is as nice as Gregs.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Hello to All ,

Reproduction boxes for sale on e-Bay if any one is interested .

• Options
    Steve,
    It turns out that your estimate was right on the $$. It appears as though the wrapper is a run proof. They cut it off the roll to check color, reigstration etc. It was never on a pack and therefore had no creases. I'm sorry it's gone as I know that I will probably never even come close to replacing it, but the $$ paid a lot of bills! Thanks to all for your input.
    Greg
  • Options
    Great! I missed out on one a few years back, the seller had too many red flags.

The buyer ended up leaving positive feedback though. I bid 500.00 it sold for 505.00

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 231 ✭✭
    wow that wrapper really sold for 505.00 was it on ebay?
    before i knew it was a proof wrapper almost pulled the trigger think it was like 2k while back
    goal is to build my 1962 topps mars attacks set psa gpa 8.25.
  • Options
    Not sure what you mean? The wrapper I was talking about was not the one
    in this thread but another 4 years ago.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 231 ✭✭
    looks like i misunderstood you, thought you were refering to a sale recently on ebay i missed out on.
    love and laughter,
    slacker
    goal is to build my 1962 topps mars attacks set psa gpa 8.25.