Sheesh!!!
Doug

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster prices!!!
    Doug
  • Options
    How about the 18S and 27S (both in just 64RD) that went for $13,800 and $8300?!! They must have been upgrade candidates in hand. The pictures don't reflect that, though.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

I thought the 17 D in 65 red was wonderful.The 1913 in ms 67 red was a very nice coin.The 1915 S was a very nice original coin but in no way an upgrade.
    As we say in New York, money talks and bull$hit walks.

stewart

ps Who bought the 1913 ?
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack Lee bought the 1913 if I'm not mistaken.

I did pick up the 14-s which was "affordable."
    Doug
  • Options
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price guide is a sea of green for lincolns.

I dont think any series is appreciating as fast.

Just as a point of discussion, what do you gents feel an authenticated 1917 Matte Proof would bring?? Quarter million?
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Must be "hard" for Jack Lee. Doesn't look like he can catch Stewart without help from some Super Delegates (like Gerry and Wayne with all of their pop 1&2 1934-1958 MS68's)

Looks like Jack has 28801 delegates/points right now (28805 with the 1913). It is hard to tell what Stewart has, but it is somewhere between 28842 and 28846. Jack only needs 28842 to have the same 68.84 show up on the website (I think if there is a tie, the house picks the winner). When this happens, the date the set was registered shows the order (I guess then someone could sell Jack their early spot, and then change the owner of it?)

If Jack could pick up all the upgrades that he needs that are pop 3 or more, he would only get 28836 and be 6 short
    (these are the 14-P, 14-D, 17-D, 24-S, 30-S, 53-P and 54-P). He will need to get some upgrades somewhere else.

The only hope I see for Jack is to get Gerry or Wayne to sign up as his running mate and win some of the swing coins.

• Options

The only hope I see for Jack is to get Gerry or Wayne to sign up as his running mate and win some of the swing coins.

Or he could get some help from a long time Lincoln collector like...well, we'll just leave it at that.image

Jack

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Sonofa gunk - I have been collecting certified Lincoln cents for 20+ years.How do you think that Jack Lee can get a FINER set than me in two years ?

Does it really matter if his set has a higher GPA than me ? I certainly don't give a rats a$$
    Besides I own ALL the varieties,proofs,and multiples etc,etc,

Why don't you come to Baltimore and see my complete set in July ?

Stewart
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Stewart,
    Are you offering me a ride? I do not think that he could get a set better than yours, but if EVERYONE else joined forces, then it might be possible.
  • Options
    They don't call him LMS for nothing. I just wish he would open his set and post pics. I will be spending the airfare to see the set though.

I would hate to see one of those pop 3's come up now a days. Stewart is not going to make it cheap for Jack to upgrade.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really matter if his set has a higher GPA than me ? I certainly don't give a rats a$$

I'm of the opinion that Stewart is right. And what does it matter? A labor of love like this takes time and passion. I don't know Stewart, but from what I've heard, a great portion of the Lincolns in his set were "made" by him over the course of years of searching for what he trained his eye to recognize as being the best available... both in terms of eye appeal and technical merit. I can only assume that a great many of his low pop coins are superior to their bretheren in equivalent grade. Spending years and years... decades even, is a natural advantage that cannot be overtaken by fat wallets and access to big number slabs. And sure, there may be several technically superior coins in Jack's set, but what are the odds that he holds the majority?

How do you think that Jack Lee can get a FINER set than me in two years ?

Exactly!