Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Bowers "Ringman" live auction tool currently sucking

renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let's see...

Of the few coins I tried to win...

On the first, my superior bid was trumped by a floor bid of a lesser value. My bid was placed well before the close.
On the second, I was never even given a chance to bid... the lot went to the first floor bid
On the third and fourth, I was legitimately outbid.

This was my first try with the Bowers "ringman" application. The Heritage application is far superior.

Comments

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Put my max bid's in earlier and got outbid on two of three. Haven't tried the new software. Sorry to hear it's buggy. Hope you relay this to them for improvement purposes. Nice Lincolns in your set!! image
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    I also put in a max bid earlier and was out-bid.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I got 50% of the coins I bid on. Not saying much since I only bid on 2 coins. Max bids before internet
    bidding closed.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    incredible lincolns there...i swear
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    I bid on six items (max bids via Internet), and won two. One I was outbid on, and it sold. One I was outbid on, but didn't sell. One I was the high bidder, but it wasn't high enough. And I don't know what happened with the last coin, which is why I'm posting.

For the last coin, I placed a max bid greater than required (two and a half increments over the current bid), but the software reported that my bid did not exceed an existing maximum bid by the required increment (?). The software indicated I had to bid more to be the high bidder and I declined. Now it gets confusing! The page with the image of the coin indicated that the current high bid was now about half an increment less than my maximum bid. However, on my "My Lots" page, it indicated the current high bid was a full increment above my maximum bid. I was sufficiently confused that I moved on image

I tried to use the Ringman software to watch the auction and see what was really going on with the coin, but since Ringman requires ActiveX, it doesn't work with FireFox, so I just waited. The coin didn't sell.

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats having a paddle in the room. It seeems the internet always clogs up or there is a storm, or hurricane just when I want to bid on-line.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    How long has this been broken?
    -Rome is Burning

• Options