Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Stewart Blay's Copper

Sponsored by the PCGS Set Registry, Stewart Blay will display his entire copper collection – over 400 coins. The highlights are literally
too numerous to mention here, but Stewart promises that the collection is a “guaranteed mind blower.” It consists of the following series:

•1793-1857 Half cents, all in Mint State
•1856 Flying Eagle cents plus patterns
•1858-1909 Indian cents plus patterns
•1909-date Lincolns with varieties CS
•1909-date Lincolns PR

Stewart’s collection is a true work of art that has been 20 years in the making. Be sure to stop by the PCGS booth (#1245)
July 30 – August 3, 2008, and enjoy a first-hand look at his masterpiece.

I plan on taking a look. image

Comments

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Wouldn't miss it! image
  • Options
    dcgolferdcgolfer Posts: 253 ✭✭
    That should be a very busy display and something any copper lover should not miss! Thanks Stewart for the opportunity to view a very special collection. That will make the trip worth it all by itself.

Dan Close
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Thanks go out to both Blay and PCGS. Paying to display a set like this is not cheap! The cost of security and transportation can cost some $$$.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewart, Looking forward to seeing all that copper! We need to start a thread the third week in July and plan a get together at the show. Displaying our PCGS "handles", we could put faces with the many threads
    that are posted. Shag
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it "kosher" to take pictures of coins such as these when they are displayed in public like this?
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I WANT TO GO SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!

If someone wants to buy me a plane ticket out there I would be happy to go image

If someone could take some pictures, that would be great.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it "kosher" to take pictures of coins such as these when they are displayed in public like this? >>

Man if I could go I would take my camera and copy stand. I'm sure no would mind.image
  • Options
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewart: Thank you for sharing with us. I certainly will be there to view your babies. I hope you will give us a personal tour as well!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!