Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

AH HA Roosie varietys....

Found. Spent the weekend searching through some rolls of 68, 69-D, and 70 Roosevelt's. looking for the variety coins needed in the NEW complete variety set from 1965 up. I'm about 1/3 of the way through my stash, and have so far found:
1 ... 1968 DDO FS-101
2 ... 1969-D D/D FS-501
1 ... 1970 DDR FS-801
Not bad so far, with a lot of sets and rolls to go...
Also have a lead on two 82 no P weak strike dimes.
Dan

Comments

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Dan, You da man.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Gotta get me a cherry pickers guide!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the '69-D/D and the '70 DDR were commonly found in Mint Sets, is that where these came from or BU rolls? Also, was the '68 DDO in a Mint Set or roll? I saw one listed recently on eBay for what seemed like a decent price, but I don't know enough about the variety to be certain that it was a deal.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Fred thanks for the "You da man", but that should belong to Paul.
    Why, because a couple years ago he sent me a book, "The Authoritative Reference on Roosevelt Dimes". Without the pictures to go with the descriptions I never would have found a couple of these. And knowing this, Paul looked into the future and said, "Dayam, that boy is gonna need this book". Thanks Paul...

Sean, the 68 came from a mint set, the others came from rolls that I have. There are a lot of sets ond rolls yet to go through, as time allows.. By the way, what was the price on the 68 on eBay?
    If anyone has a picture of the 04-D FS-701, I would love to know what I'm looking for.
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fred thanks for the "You da man", but that should belong to Paul.
    Why, because a couple years ago he sent me a book, "The Authoritative Reference on Roosevelt Dimes". Without the pictures to go with the descriptions I never would have found a couple of these. And knowing this, Paul looked into the future and said, "Dayam, that boy is gonna need this book". Thanks Paul... >>

Thanks for the comments Dan!

<< <i>If anyone has a picture of the 04-D FS-701, I would love to know what I'm looking for. >>

Dan, This is the 2004-D you should be looking for, but to my knowledge, only 1-2 exist.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.