Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
Options

1955 Yankees Team Signed Baseball (27 sigs) w/Mantle on ss, Stengel, E. Howard, Ford, Berra etc. PSA

There are 27 total signatures including Mantle and Berra on the sweetspot, and other notables on the side panel including Elston Howard, Dickey and Stengel. The ball contains not only the team, but also coaches (Dickey, etc.). There is one "illegible signature" as PSA notes however this signature is clearly that of Gus Mauch, the trainer.

PSA/DNA notes the ball grades between 6 and 9 with medium toning. I would say this is very accurate. Mantle is one of the strongest signatures and appears boldly on the sweet spot. PSA/DNA had graded the Mantle signature a 7 but I truly believe it is even stronger than that. It is very very bold. Stengel may be one of the strongest signatures on the ball as well and is certainly a 7 or 8. Elston Howard is on the lighter side although very legible. I would grade his signature a 4-5. Ford is very strong - a 7 or so. Berra is also strong and I would grade him a 6-7.

The ball, itself, is a Wilson official league baseball. There is a few holes in a pattern on the Stengel panel. I believe this is a pattern as it appears to be in a circle and not due to some damage on the ball. Also, the signatures around the pattern appear to have been signed over the pattern also leading me to believe this was on the ball before signed. The pattern does NOT go through Stengel's signature at all.

Here are the signatures on the ball: Bauer, Berra, Byrne, Carey, Cerv, J. Coleman, Dickey, Ford, Grim, E. Howard, Konstanty, Kucks, Larsen, Leja, Mantle, McDougald, Morgan, Noren, Robinson, Silvera, Skowron, Stengel, Sturdivant, Turley, Turner, Wiesler and Gus Mauch (however not identified by PSA as they didn't know who it was).

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. jon_canfield@hotmail.com

Price is $730 delivered and insured.

For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.