Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Trimmed/Not Trimmed???

Just got this card in today from a purchase off of Ebay. Camera was used for the pic so there was no way to see the bottom edge. Also this is the 100 run version which is not mentioned on the flip and the cert number says it should be the 106 run version. Seller claims he never noticed which I find hard to believe as I saw it 30 seconds after I took it out of the mailer.
Any thoughts??

Comments

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trim a roo
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭
    So do I take it up with PSA and hopefully they take care of it or do I file a claim with Paypal?? I hate to see the seller get it back and dump it again since he claims he never saw it to begin with.
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I'd take this up with PSA, but then again that's me.

<< <i>I'd take this up with PSA, but then again that's me. >>

That was my original plan
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    what's the 100 vs the 106 run?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    wow.. that is bad

<< <i>what's the 100 vs the 106 run? >>

Stat on the back that has two different versions. One of the early error cards.
  • Looks like PSA messed that one up pretty badly. Stevie Wonder could have caught that I do believe.
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That might not be a trim job. I've seen '54 Bowmans cut like that before. Also '55 Bowman FB cut the same way. There can be pretty large size variances on Bowman issues, for what its worth.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That might not be a trim job. I've seen '54 Bowmans cut like that before. Also '55 Bowman FB cut the same way. There can be pretty large size variances on Bowman issues, for what its worth.

I'm inclined to agree with cardbender. Besides, if you're going to go through the trouble of trimming a card, why trim it to a NM 7 grade?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • 123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i> That might not be a trim job. I've seen '54 Bowmans cut like that before. Also '55 Bowman FB cut the same way. There can be pretty large size variances on Bowman issues, for what its worth.

I'm inclined to agree with cardbender. Besides, if you're going to go through the trouble of trimming a card, why trim it to a NM 7 grade? >>

Yep. Some crazy looking cards can come out of that set.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.

• << <i>That might not be a trim job. I've seen '54 Bowmans cut like that before. Also '55 Bowman FB cut the same way. There can be pretty large size variances on Bowman issues, for what its worth. >>

That may be but I still want them to look at it as I have a funny feeling about it.

• Not trimmed in my eyes. Cuts funny but the reverse with the over hanging bottom right tells me no along
    with the overhanging edge towards the left.

Cuts are always found odd at times but the tell all tale usually is if its bald.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Wavy Gravy ??? chaz

• bosox-------------------------image
  • ken61ken61 Posts: 55 ✭✭
    I have a tough time telling if a card is trimmed or not. It's an inexact science, to be sure. Some very seasoned collectors have told me you need a loupe, halogen lamp, and need to look at the edges of the card. I have tried this and still feel like I can't tell for certain.

I have a bunch of graded 54 Bowmans and I've seen some hideous cuts, a few even worse than this Logan card.

• If it did not have that ridge/lip on the bottom edge, I would lean more towards it not being trimmed, but that issue makes me tend to think it was trimmed.