Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2008-W ASE with rev. of 2007 - Is this market turning ugly fast?

vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
Or are the screams of pain I'm starting to hear coming from those who sold at $500+ because they feel they should have held out for $700+?

The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.

Comments

• Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    screams of pain will come from the buyers if anything
  • Options
    good time to fold out and move on !~
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>good time to fold out and move on !~ >>

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    On a lighter note: Tune in to HSN at 10 PM EST tonight and discover what the 2008/07 ASE coins are "Really" worth !! Mike and Alan will be on their best !! Plenty of dogs and ponies to entertain you, I'm sure !!
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On a lighter note: Tune in to HSN at 10 PM EST tonight and discover what the 2008/07 ASE coins are "Really" worth !! Mike and Alan will be on their best !! Plenty of dogs and ponies to entertain you, I'm sure !! >>

Watch Live!!
  • Options
    You haven't even begun to see the upside of this coin.What you are seeing now are the scared rabbits and flippers selling.
  • Options

<< <i>You haven't even begun to see the upside of this coin.What you are seeing now are the scared rabbits and flippers selling. >>

You might be right. That has been the correct attitude until very recently at least. image
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    As a seasoned collector of this series it will be $1000 raw soon. JMHO.
  • Options
    I don't think now is the time to sell, but rather to buy. I'm not doing either.
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On a lighter note: Tune in to HSN at 10 PM EST tonight and discover what the 2008/07 ASE coins are "Really" worth !! Mike and Alan will be on their best !! Plenty of dogs and ponies to entertain you, I'm sure !! >>

$1500 for an ANACS SP70, but they include the "normal" 2008 ASE (ANACS SP70) and put both in a wooden box. There's probably a coffin joke in there somewhere.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

$1499.95 for a anacs ms70 2 coin set one error one regular.
  • Options

<< <i>

$1499.95 for a anacs ms70 2 coin set one error one regular. >>

Why does the plastic say "SP70"?

I'm going to pass on the ASE - I'm going for the "Golden State Quarters". The mint director says I have to buy (the state quarters) from HSN.

Edited: Sold out of the SAE's!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm going to pass on the ASE - I'm going for the "Golden State Quarters". The mint director says I have to buy (the state quarters) from HSN. >>

Too late on those SP 70s, they are sold out!
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm going to pass on the ASE - I'm going for the "Golden State Quarters". The mint director says I have to buy (the state quarters) from HSN. >>

SP is for specimen.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    "The vast majority of state quarters are in circulated condition!"

Thanks for the news flash Walter Cronkite.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    rpcoletranerpcoletrane Posts: 718 ✭✭

<< <i>"The vast majority of state quarters are in circulated condition!"

Thanks for the news flash Walter Cronkite. >>

• Options
    I just ignore it and stick to buying my barbers. image

Sorry but I can't get excited about pieces of silver bullion, although that's probably the WRONG attitude to have if I want to make money. So it has the reverse of 2007.. whoop de doo. image

It increases overall interest in the coin market, so it's not a bad thing though either. If we can just find a way to market coins to women like say calling them jewelry. image
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with collecting bullion. I collect unc and proof SAEs. unc and proof Britannias, and unc and proof Kookaburras.

But these dudes on TV will say anything to hawk thier over-rpriced crap.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Incase you Missed it: HSN Coinguy stated : OKLAHOMA state quarter is THE LOWEST mintage among ALL The State Quarters!!! imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>There's nothing wrong with collecting bullion. I collect unc and proof SAEs. unc and proof Britannias, and unc and proof Kookaburras.

But these dudes on TV will say anything to hawk thier over-rpriced crap. >>

Zackly; you coulda bought those 4 tubes of Prez proof dollars right from the mint for $299 plus chipping if you bought 20 of the 4 coin Prez proof sets. The gall of those lying dbags.image
  • Options

<< <i>

I wonder who will eat about $1400 if the thing gets milk spots?
  • Options
    TrustNo1TrustNo1 Posts: 1,359
    we heard all the same things about the 20th anniv sets.....I cant see anyone paying $1,000 for these..if people do, they have disposable $
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this market turning ugly fast? Last time I checked raw examples are fetching $400.

Is this the ugly the OP is refering to? 15x issue price, I'd say robust.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    Just my opinion...sell your less then perfect coins now, while you can still get $450-$500. Hoard your very best coins.
    I think you can continue your fiat climb by buying gold and silver with the proceeds. I think a 50% rise in gold and silver is a better bet then holding your imperfect eagles and hoping your raw coins go to $750.
    Go with your own gut feeling.
  • Options
    TavernTreasuresTavernTreasures Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just ignore it and stick to buying my barbers. image

Sorry but I can't get excited about pieces of silver bullion, although that's probably the WRONG attitude to have if I want to make money. So it has the reverse of 2007.. whoop de doo. image

It increases overall interest in the coin market, so it's not a bad thing though either. If we can just find a way to market coins to women like say calling them jewelry. image >>

It may directly or indirectly burn some newcomers to coin collecting. PS-I agree with your statement. I also do not get excited about bullion.
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • Options
    I'd sell these quick if I had any. It's the 20th anniversary set mania all over again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file