Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Latest VAM Submission results.

Here's what I got in today's mail:
#12194075 1878 VAM-2 "Lines in LIB". PCGS MS-64. This is actually a VAM-2A "Great 8" Super CD, with 5 letters showing. I cherried this in the 4/22 Heritage Action #1105. I broke it out of its NGC slab and submitted it on 5/9. PCGS has only 2 VAM-2s in 64 and one of them is mine. Added is fact that it is a Super CD so I'm pretty pleased.

#12194074 1887 VAM-1A "Donkey Tail". PCGS XF-45. I won this in a Heritage auction I think back in February. I broke it out of its ANACS XF-40 slab, gave it a quick dip because of its odd toning, and it came back a 45! I'm happy.

Still waiting on another: I the same Auction I got the VAM-2A, I cherried an 1878 VAM-36 in PCGS MS-64. This is also a Condtion Census coin with only 4 or 5 in MS-64 for PCGS. I sent it in under Variety Review. Hope to get it back this upcoming week.

So, I'm altogether please with the results of this submission. Helps to make up for those BBs!

Bud
Proud recipient of the coveted "YOU SUCK!" Award, 6/03/07, 2/03/08, and 10/27/08.

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice results!! I love Donkey Tails.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    Way to go. image

I've got three donkey tails waiting to head out myself.

I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to split them up into more than one submission though. I'm thinking they might be harder on grading if they had three sitting there in front of them at once.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file