Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Question about a Mickey Mantle card

I have a 68 Mickey Mantle card. It's graded an 8 by PSA. But it also says it's off center. Does the grading take the off centering of it into account? Or is it an 8 if it was centered? I'm new to this stuff and don't know. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    it meets all other criteria for an 8...
    corners, surface and such...

the hobby recognizes it as a psa 6 for value.. and registry weighting..
    sometimes it will get psa 7 money if very nice..
  • Options
    Ok. I wasn't sure about it. Thanks
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    he hobby recognizes it as a psa 6 for value.. and registry weighting..

Not quite true, PSA and only PSA recognizes it as a 6 for registry weighting.

What it sells for on the open market depends on it's eye appeal.

Had you asked for no qualifiers when you had it graded it possibly could have graded anywhere from
    as high as a 7 to as low as a 1 depending on the severity of the off centerdness. <sp>

Few weeks ago I sold a 1954 Snider graded 8OC for well above 6 money, It didn't get 8 money but I was pleasantly
    surprised

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    It was already graded when I bought it. Guy on another forum said it was one of the best one's he's every seen. I can post a scan of it if you like.
  • Options
    Please do.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Here's a pic of it
  • Options
    Ok, IMO it would get better then 6 money in many cases since the OC is T/B and it does not really distract the eye.

I would have wanted the card graded just like it is.

8oc in this case is better then a straight 6.

nice card.

what i am concerned about is I would think the top should have more meat.

I am not an expert in this series.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Well IMO, I would rather have it being off center taken into account when grading it. I understand why they do it the way they did. But I think my way would be more reflective of it's actual value.
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    I would say depending on the corners, surface of the card If they are in great shape then I think you could crack it out and get a PSA 7 which would be better price wise then a 6 or a 8oc. I have a couple cards like that, that I supmitted and returned a 7 but I requested no qualifiers though. Always like seeing 68's on here.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies