Home Sports Talk
Options

I So Want The Celtics To Win ... Which Means the Lakers Will Win In 4, At Most 5 Games ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
I so want the Celtics to win. In which case, that means the Lakers will win in four (4) or at most five (5) games. And THEN that is when it truly sucks. Because the worst thing about your time not winning it all is not that your team did not win. But that you have to "sit" through (at least) an entire year of how they are the defending World Champions.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine you will be pleased to be proven wrong. C's in 6.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I so want the Celtics to win. In which case, that means the Lakers will win in four (4) or at most five (5) games. And THEN that is when it truly sucks. Because the worst thing about your time not winning it all is not that your team did not win. But that you have to "sit" through (at least) an entire year of how they are the defending World Champions.

/s/ JackWESQ >>

A classic case of reverse psychology. You are obviously trying to trick the basketball gods into letting the Celtics win.
    Brett
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    It's one thing to be a Laker "hater", which I am. But it's another thing to be a Laker "hater" ... living in Southern California. The radio sports honks down here are already saying (and have been for sometime) that Kobe is better than Jordan. And WHEN the Lakers win, everything will just multiply to the nth factorial. Sickening.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    you're joking right? about sports radio saying Kobe is better than Jordan?....that is laughable.

Celtics in 6.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>you're joking right? about sports radio saying Kobe is better than Jordan?....that is laughable.

Celtics in 6. >>

Agreed, Celts in 6. Celts defense beats Kobe's offense.
  • Options
    "about sports radio saying Kobe is better than Jordan?..."

Hilarious.

7 games; cant pick a winner. gonna be a classic.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> It's one thing to be a Laker "hater", which I am. But it's another thing to be a Laker "hater" ... living in Southern California. The radio sports honks down here are already saying (and have been for sometime) that Kobe is better than Jordan. And WHEN the Lakers win, everything will just multiply to the nth factorial. Sickening. >>

I live in the LA area and I somewhat disagree with that statement. I normally listen to 710am out here, which is KSPN (ESPN) I believe. I heard a few statements from the better LA radio guys this weekend and this is what I heard.... They were saying if the Lakers win the series, then maybe we can start with some Kobe & Michael comparisons. I agree with that somewhat, but I believe the Lakers would need to win this series then at least one more with their current team for the comparison of Kobe / Michael to be realistic. But hey, not to stir up the pot here, what about Bird and Magic. They both have some rings and led their teams to greatness.

Lastly, I'm sure there are a few idiot "LA homers" radio guys who have said Kobe is right there with Jordan, but I haven't heard that yet.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some guys really knew what they were talking about image
    Mike
    Bosox1976