Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Greatest day ever busting UD BLACK basketball and a few other high end items-

Well I hit a lick last night playing poker and had a few grand to spend on some high end product and have always dreamed of pulling a Michael Jordan autograph from UD-

I dont have a scanner at work but I just wanted to share the products I busted and the key cards out of the boxes

Box One- Triple Threads Basketball(160.00)
Magic Johnson Triple Patch with stitching (3 colors one patch, 2 colors one patch and yellow patch) AUTOGRAPH #2/5

Sweet spot baseball- Don Mattingly autograph 9/23(90.00)

UD premier baseball box(225.00 each)-Ken Griffery Jr autograph out of 25 and Frank Thomas patch auto out of 25 in same box
UD Premier baseball box- dud with nothing worth over 50.00 I would guess(munson reggie dual bat/jersey card)

I opened 5 total boxes of UD Black(250.00 each) going for the Jordan auto and here are the key cards I pulled

Bill Russell Championship trophy patch AUTOGRAPH out of 11 on card autograph
Kobe Bryant silver auto # out of 50
Rajon Rondo Gold Auto # out of 5(on card auto)
Lenny Wilkens 2007- 2008 UD black 50th anniversary autograph Gold #'d out of 10 Redemption
Jerry Lucas/Dick McGuire UD BLACK PATCH MATERIAL Gold #'d out of 5 Redemption
MICAHEL JORDAN 2007-08 NBA UD BLACK AUTOGRAPH #'d out of 25 AU-JO Redemption

so it took about 10 years but I finally pulled the MJ Autograph but it was a redemption.

UD BLACK WAS SICK- Every box has two one card packs and each box was landing a monster

I pulled the Jordan auto and Lenny wilkens redemptions in the same box so one box from UD had two redemptions.

Usually might buy one high end box per month or something but I had some free money and wanted to try and pull my dream card(MJ auto)

I know you can buy a MJ autograph but it is not the same as pulling one( I wish I pulled the actual card instead of the redemption but I will take it.
** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I think in a year or two you will be very happy with the Rondo auto RC. As for the others, way to go on the Jordan.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yahtzee! Way to go.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Wow, well done. Sounds like it was a blast.
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think in a year or two you will be very happy with the Rondo auto RC. As for the others, way to go on the Jordan. >>

I agree. If Rondo can use the offseason to develop his jump shot to 120% of what it is now, he'll be a killer. He just needs to shoot 45% consistently and 75% from the line.
  • Options
    brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭
    This thread is useless without pics! image
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Way to go! Time to buy a scanner with some of your winnings too!
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!

I think ya hit the jackpot! A Russell and a Jordan? Amazing.

Please post them when ya get a chance and when the Jordan comes in - I would like to see the card also.

Thanx for sharing,
    mike
    Mike