Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How much would it cost for teleportation?

Just had a loser leave me a positive, but said shipping was extremely slow.. Item ended last Saturday, he paid Monday, he recieved it today. Does not get much faster than that.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be thankful he didn't leave you a neut under the new "neg victoriously" format, LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I would block that buyer.

The second time might not be as lucky.

The funniest NEG I saw today was from a Canadian:

"Seller Refused To Mark Package As A Gift. Cost Me $25 Customs Duty"
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    You can bet that if teleportation were ever invented, the powers that be, e.g., every government on earth, the oil companies, the auto industry, the airline industry, etc., would shut that invention down in a minute!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>Just had a loser leave me a positive, but said shipping was extremely slow.. Item ended last Saturday, he paid Monday, he recieved it today. Does not get much faster than that. >>

He is the reason Lee hates most people.

<< <i> The funniest NEG I saw today was from a Canadian:

"Seller Refused To Mark Package As A Gift. Cost Me $25 Customs Duty" >>

Canadians are stinky image

• Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>Just had a loser leave me a positive, but said shipping was extremely slow.. Item ended last Saturday, he paid Monday, he recieved it today. Does not get much faster than that. >>

Extremely slow??? Give me a break! I'd block him too.
  • "Canadians are stinky"

no there not.

Canadians are awesome :0)

I have no problem marking something "gift" on the customs form.
  • I have no problem marking something "gift" on the customs form.

You do know that is a form of mail fraud if it is not truly a gift. Doubtfl they would ever do anything, but it could happen.

Don't worry the loser was added to my BBL as well as an email asking him how I could have gotten it there any faster.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    nightcrawler is right- I do hate most people.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Canadians are stinky"

no there not.

Canadians are awesome :0)

I have no problem marking something "gift" on the customs form. >>

Leo you might think differently if you ever drive in downtown Montreal and have these ignorant Canadiens giving you the finger just because you have US plates!
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    do you hate me?
  • I checked the rates at UTS (United Teleporter Service)

The standard rates on their Avogadro scale are:

$2.35 per mole-mass unit defined in grams as g=n*MM.

Of course you will need to precisely identify the molecular composition of the item being transported with a mass spectrometer. If you have a home spectormeter, you can calculate the cost and pre-pay on line from the convenience of your own home without having to stand in line and use their public mass spectrometer.

Just a note in case you haven't used their service before: All items being transported must be in an inertial state of rest.

Don't transport any expensive cards or cards you plan to have graded. PSA recently released a memo to their graders that transported cards will now be considered "reprints" for grading purposes. It doesn't seem fair since the transported card is identical to the original card down to the last quark, but I understand their position since technically, the original atoms composing the card were deconstructed at the sending transport terminal to be used for later reconstitution.

Also, I forgot to mention insurance. Due to the unstable nature of sub-atomic reconstruction of molecules, and an unfortunate miscalculation with a T-206 Wagner, insurance is no longer offered.

Hope this helps.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I checked the rates at UTS (United Teleporter Service)

The standard rates on their Avogadro scale are:

$2.35 per mole-mass unit defined in grams as g=n*MM.

Of course you will need to precisely identify the molecular composition of the item being transported with a mass spectrometer. If you have a home spectormeter, you can calculate the cost and pre-pay on line from the convenience of your own home without having to stand in line and use their public mass spectrometer.

Just a note in case you haven't used their service before: All items being transported must be in an inertial state of rest.

Don't transport any expensive cards or cards you plan to have graded. PSA recently released a memo to their graders that transported cards will now be considered "reprints" for grading purposes. It doesn't seem fair since the transported card is identical to the original card down to the last quark, but I understand their position since technically, the original atoms composing the card were deconstructed at the sending transport terminal to be used for later reconstitution.

Also, I forgot to mention insurance. Due to the unstable nature of sub-atomic reconstruction of molecules, and an unfortunate miscalculation with a T-206 Wagner, insurance is no longer offered.

Hope this helps. >>

LMAO nice one
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can bet that if teleportation were ever invented, the powers that be, e.g., every government on earth, the oil companies, the auto industry, the airline industry, etc., would shut that invention down in a minute! >>

They did and they have... Why do you think Dick Clark is finally starting to age?!?!
  • ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Wow, sounds to me like the buyer in the OP needs a beatdown.

I won a $50 Gordie Howe card on 5/11 payed & immediately via PayPal. Seller left me POSTIVE feedback on 5/12 & indciated that he mail it on 5/12. I've been waiting since and have had good communications with the seller. I've won auctions from Canada before and their postal system is really slow.

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult