Home Sports Talk
Options

Big Unit ties Roger Clemens

Randy Johnson tied Roger Clemens in most career strikeouts yesterday. Now the question is will Roger look to sign with a team.
It's been my feeling that Roger really wanted to retire #1 and #2 with his idol Nolan Ryan in career strikeouts, but I could be wrong on that.

Having said that, how many of you look to see Clemens pitching for a contender for less money then the Yanks paid down the stretch ?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clemens should just go away quietly into the night. I know his ego got hurt by this whole HGH scandel but the fact is he would not have been that good for so long without him cheating. Just like Barry Bonds!
  • Options
    Clemens wont be playing ever again.
    Just like Bonds he will slink into the background end up on a reality show with Flavor flav.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Clemens is done.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Very happy for the Big Unit! I wonder if he has enough gas left in the tank for #300? If so, could he be the last 300 winner?
  • Options
    the last 300 game winner EVER? unlikely, just take a while for the next one.

Such is the cycle of the game.
  • Options
    MantleMarisFordBerraMantleMarisFordBerra Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭
    Roger & Barry should just go away, they've done enough harm to the game.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Clemens will slink into the background quietly, only after going to jail for perjury.