Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay question - watchers/bidders

Was just wondering if someone bids on an auction are they no longer considered a watcher?

Comments

• Options
    Yes they are unless they stop watching from their my ebay page.
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I do that sometimes. If I bid, I remove the item from my watch list to free up some space and eliminate clutter.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    so on the sellers side, does it automatically drop the watcher count down by 1 when 1 of the watchers decides to place a bid?

thanks

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    No Zep, I don't think that's the case. I think the item has to be removed from a watch list manually by the bidder; if not, he or she will continue to register as a "watcher" because it remains on their watch list.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No Zep, I don't think that's the case. I think the item has to be removed from a watch list manually by the bidder; if not, he or she will continue to register as a "watcher" because it remains on their watch list. >>

I agree since sometimes i throw a low bid on an item, then forget about it, and it ends!! I need to not only bid, but also "watch this item" on my ebay, not just "track the item" in my ebay
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so on the sellers side, does it automatically drop the watcher count down by 1 when 1 of the watchers decides to place a bid?

thanks >>

/////////////////////////////////

No.

The watcher/bidder has to manually remove the watch; otherwise,
    the seller continues to see the w/b as a "watcher."

As we all know, MOST watchers are only there for "price checks."
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the replies - was always wondering how that worked.