Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So I'm making a trip to Cincy this weekend...

to go see my Braves play the Reds. My wife got us tickets for my birthday, and instead of doing the usual trip to Turner Field, she thought it'd be neat to go somewhere new. Cincy is about 4 hours north, so we'll be there on Saturday to see the Reds vs. Braves. Anyone been to the Great American Ballpark? Just curious as to what to expect there. We've never been to Cincy, so we'd like to take in all the "must-sees" that we can. I thought about bringing some cards and trying to get some in-person sigs. Who from Braves/Reds signs regularly pre-game? Thanks for any tips you folks may have!
Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.

Comments

• Options
    Can only speak for the Braves, but I got Smoltz's auto on an OMLB last year at the game that Smoltz got his 200th win. We also got Brian McCanns and Texeiria was pretty good about autos when with the Rangers. Plus, Roger Mcdowell gave my kids 6 "GU'd" balls. Nice guy.
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Haven't been there, but you might save some time to tour the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. It's new and supposed to be very nice, even if you're not a fan of the club. I believe it's right there at the park.

Parking garages nearby are almost all within fairly easy walking distance of the stadium.
  • Options
    hope you get to see griffeys 600th!
  • Options

<< <i>hope you get to see griffeys 600th! >>

Me too!!!
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    I work at GABP, and, coincidentally, my last name is also Becker. The Saturday game is at 3:55, which gives you plenty of time to see the Reds Hall of Fame, which is located along the first base line on Main Street/Joe Nuxhall Way. Admission is $5.00 with your game ticket.
    There will probably be some lines at all gates, as Saturday is "Beach Towel" giveaway day.
    I don't know who signs for the Braves, but, for the Reds, you can usually only find some of the relief pitchers (Lincoln, Bray, Burton, etc.). If you arrive at 1:55, when the gates open, go to the Sun Deck (sections 140-146, in right field) or sections 101-106 (in left field, below the bleachers); you can usually pick up a few batting practice balls out there. To get Reds autographs, go to sections 133-134 (on the first base line, by the tarp); for Braves, go to sections 112-113 (on the third base line). Make sure you have a pen or Sharpie.
    Best parking bet is Newport on the Levee, across the river in Kentucky. Park for $3.00 and walk across the Central Bridge, or take the TANK shuttle bus for $1.25. Get there early and go to the Newport Aquarium.
    I work in sections 223-224-225; if you're sitting anywhere in sections 220-228, stop by and see me.

Bob
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Get some skyline cheese coneys and/or Larosa's pizza, and/or Montgomery Inn ribs.
  • Options
    All of fattymac's suggestions are available in the ball park.
  • Options
    Go to Hofbrauhaus across the river in Newport for some quality beer before or after the game.
  • Options
    You can even get Larosa's delivered to your seat.
  • Options
    I'll be there on Sunday. GABP is awesome.
    WTB:
    CINCINNATI REDS
    1976 - 1991 - Topps PSA 10
    1983 & 1985 Fleer PSA 10
    1985 Donruss PSA 10
    Blue Ink Signed Topps Cards
    Game-Used Bats/Jerseys
    OPC PSA 10
    MC & OC Cards

OTHER:
    Eric Davis Anything
    Votto, Willingham, Cantu, Doumit, Gomes
    Baron Davis Game Used Jersey
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget some Graeter's Ice Cream. Maybe you will get lucky and Jay Bruce will be signing.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    I'm off to Cincy! GOOD LUCK BRAVES!! Woo hoo!! Aren't baseball games the freakin' best???
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>hope you get to see griffeys 600th! >>

Me too!!! >>

Well, at least you saw #599 - did you catch it?? (LOL)

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I was mowing my lawn today and I'm pretty sure Jay Bruce's home run landed in front of me almost killing my dog.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was mowing my lawn today >>

It's about time you did it instead of making your wife do it again you bum.
  • Options
    I don't know squat about new cards, are there any presently produced Jay Bruce cards?
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's about time you did it instead of making your wife do it again you bum. >>

I thought mowing the lawn was women's work.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's about time you did it instead of making your wife do it again you bum. >>

I thought mowing the lawn was women's work. >>

• Options

<< <i>I don't know squat about new cards, are there any presently produced Jay Bruce cards? >>

I know there are Bruce cards in 2005 Topps Update and 2005 Bowman Heritage.
  • Options
    bjbrall4 - Thanks I've got one on the way.