Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

#1 All Time 1966 Non Sport Batman Black Bat Set Sold

Good Evening,
Please take a look at auction # 130226775468 on E-Bay. It is for the #1 all time finest 1966 Batman Black Bat Set, even though I have never bothered to Register it.
Thanks
Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Good Day,
    Thanks Roger !!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I gotta say - I could never afford it, but that's an amazing set. I'm sorry you're selling it. Looks like something you'd want to hang on to.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very nice set Neil! Best of luck!
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    HOLY SH... BATMAN !!! That is a nice set.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Nice set. Do you think you will scare people away by not accepting paypal?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he could be convinced to accept PayPal if the buyer is willing to eat the several hundred dollars associated with PayPal's fees.

And this is not meant to be a condemning statement, but I sometimes wonder why on auctions of this nature, that sellers insist on stating significant shipping charges or shipping and optional insurance are the burden of the buyer. When I've run any auction of significant value (several thousand dollars or more), I've always included overnight shipping or registered mail (buyer's choice) and insurance. On a price point of that level, it's a negligible amount and it is one less thing that a bidder needs to take into account when figuring out their proxy. In fact, I've had some winning bidders state that they bid more than the shipping differential because they felt they were dealing with a seller who would look after their purchase. I figure that I've probably made up the difference over the course of the auctions. I just wish I could get back to selling off some high end stuff again, but I like it better in my collection...

Anyway, that was just a rambling thought and not intended as an indictment of any sort...

Good luck with the auction. The set sounds absolutely fabulous!

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Scott.

Also wouldn't this item be better served on some auction site other then ebay?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I think it's always worth a shot throwing it on ebay before consiging it- you never know when you'll catch a whale. He's got a reserve, the scans are nice, and there is very little downside to listing it a couple of times at least. It's a really nice set, add an unopened pack in there and it's perfect!

Neil, you might want to add your zip code to your address on the listing, although if it were me I wouldn't put any of it down there. At best only 1 person is going to need it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Wow! That is the first set I ever remember opening packs for (must have been released before the baseball cards that year). Good luck with the sale. Great cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Agree with Scott. >>

Since I'm not talking to you, I can't tell you that you are not allowed to agree with me. If I were talking to you and I said that you weren't allowed to agree with me, I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't agree that I could say that without agreeing with you in the first place... HUH?!?
  • Options
    Good Day All,
    Thanks everybody, I agree on the shipping point, was not really thinkiing it through. If I have to Re-list I will propably cover the shipping. As for PayPal, I am just tired of giving them large percentages of my Sales on top of the Large amounts I give E-Bay. Period, but of course if somebody had to I would listen to offers. Which is what I have sure had on this set, I have had no fewer than 10 outside E-Bay offers so far.
    Thanks Again
    Neil
  • Options
    Good Day,
    Bump to the top. 7 days to go and were up to $8500.00
    Looking good. Two more offers to sell off E-bay.
    Neil
  • Options
    It sounds like if you get the right offer you will sell it off ebay. Are you trying to hype your set? Let it run and if it doesn't sell, I am sure you will get the right offer and save on the ebay fees.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    For as much feedback as r***a (at least it shows that way on my screen) has, he bids like a shill bidder.

US $4,999.99
    US $6,199.99
    US $6,666.66
    US $6,999.99
    US $7,899.99
    US $8,499.99

I'm sure he's not a shill bidder, but what the heck good does it do you to bid those numbers? Anybody else bid that way? I always bid a little over the dollar, hoping to beat somebody who bid the round number.

Aside from that, those are beautiful! I'm sorry you have to sell them, and I hope you get a good sale! I sure can't afford them but wish you best of luck!
  • Options
    Jim,
    Come on. I believe in many states shill bidding is crime unless disclosed by the auctioneer. I believe there was an incident a few years ago where acqusations were made and when the words defamation suit hit the table there was a lot of aplogizing and back peddling. I hardly know Neil and we have not always been on the best of terms but his feedback is great. He has a top notch reputation as a collector. Even inferring wrong doing on no hard evidence is unfair. Ask you lawyer if he wants you to make a statement like that even in passing. This is a top notch set and is going to go for high $. If you have evidence that will stand in a court of law then fine, show it. Otherwise, I wouldn't go there. Just some friendly advice.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options

<< <i>Jim,
    Come on. I believe in many states shill bidding is crime unless disclosed by the auctioneer. I believe there was an incident a few years ago where acqusations were made and when the words defamation suit hit the table there was a lot of aplogizing and back peddling. I hardly know Neil and we have not always been on the best of terms but his feedback is great. He has a top notch reputation as a collector. Even inferring wrong doing on no hard evidence is unfair. Ask you lawyer if he wants you to make a statement like that even in passing. This is a top notch set and is going to go for high $. If you have evidence that will stand in a court of law then fine, show it. Otherwise, I wouldn't go there. Just some friendly advice.
    Fuzz >>

I like Neil and respect him and like I said I'm SURE the bidder is not a shill. It just amazes me that people bid like that. Read my post again, please.

My father in law bids like that too, and then complains to me when he gets outbid.
  • Options

<< <i>US $4,999.99
    US $6,199.99
    US $6,666.66
    US $6,999.99
    US $7,899.99
    US $8,499.99
    >>

I've seen this sort of bidding structure on higher end auctions with reserves. Bidders tend to try to get as close to the "anticipated" reserve in the event that they can be high bidder and negotiate a deal. They then up their bid to just below the next "threshold" once another bidder surpasses the previous "threshold."
  • Options
    Good Day,
    Wow, Never saw that coming. Like Fuzz said...Don't go there...I have never been a part to anything but Top Notch Sales on E-bay. Have never been a part of anything except 100% above board transactions. The Bidder you are talking about is bidding the way he wants to for whatever reason he wants to.
    The set is a Top Dollar set and will sell for above my Reserve, or I probably won't sell. Or who know's, but that is my decision.
    The Top 4 Bidders right now are all Top dogs in there own categories on the Non Sports Sets Registry's and some are even Top Dogs in Sports as well. And remember I can see who the Bidders are, and I believe that the Top Bidder hasn't even revealed himself yet but is waiting for the last few hours or perhaps minutes. Be careful what you insinuate...I don't and wouldn't ever be a part of something like that...Period!!!!!!!!
    And Fuzz is that you who cleaned our clocks on the Monster Laffs Set?
    Neil
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>US $4,999.99
    US $6,199.99
    US $6,666.66
    US $6,999.99
    US $7,899.99
    US $8,499.99
    >>

I've seen this sort of bidding structure on higher end auctions with reserves. Bidders tend to try to get as close to the "anticipated" reserve in the event that they can be high bidder and negotiate a deal. They then up their bid to just below the next "threshold" once another bidder surpasses the previous "threshold." >>

Thanks Scott - I guess that makes sense. I don't bid on many auctions with reserves, so I thought it was just a dumb bidder.

jim
  • Options
    The set settles at almost 17K. Where did you think it would end?
  • Options
    Good Day,
    In all honesty I didn't think it would go quite that high. I was looking for more along 15K or so, So needless to say I am Super Happy!!!!!!!!
    And some things are meant to be, Sat. morning I am doing my usual E-bay cruising and come across an Unopened 1961 Nu-Cards Dinosaur Box with 24 Unopened packs and a Complete Set of 80 cards in NM-MT as well, in the same auction. Have been wanting a box for years but the only other two times I ever saw one, was way overbid, they both sold for over 2K. Picked this one up with the set for "Buy It Now" $1400.00. This lot could have gone as high as $2500-3000. One of the best Card weekends I've had this year !!!!!! Also Sunday night picked up a $3-400.00 dollar set of 1936 Pressnor & Co. Government Agents complete set of 24 for $150.00. Sometimes times are great !!!!!
    Neil
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>In all honesty I didn't think it would go quite that high. I was looking for more along 15K or so, So needless to say I am Super Happy!!!!!!!! >>

I also thought it was a great price from a sellers stand point. Nice pick up on the set and unopened box.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>imageimage >>

NEIL CONGRATS ON A GREAT WEEKEND FOR YOU...

how many people know how to make a "dancing smiley" i remember 1 person who used them all the time!