Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bidville closing

Another site bites the dust.. I actually made some decent money buying there and reselling on Ebay.

Comments

• Options
    When is it suppose to shut down? Where did you hear this from? They still have their auction site going.
  • Options
    Its on the homepage when you go to www.bidville.com

Welcome to Bidville.com. Bidville is owned by uBid.com Holdings Inc., and due to uBid.com Holdings Inc.’s changing business strategy that includes dealing exclusively in certified supply, Bidville unfortunately no longer fits within the uBid.com Holdings Inc. business model. uBid.com Holdings Inc. has streamlined its operations and is a business to consumer excess inventory solutions company, which makes uBid.com Holdings, Inc. unable to support Bidville’s consumer to consumer format.

Due to these changes, we regret to inform you that, after a rigorous search for a potential buyer of Bidville, uBid.com Holdings Inc. was unsuccessful in finding a suitor. As a result, Bidville will be closing.

As of today, May 27, 2008, no additional auctions will be listed and no new sellers will be certified. Guests can still register for Bidville through the “Register Now” button, which will remain active and allow users to bid in open auctions until June 13, 2008, when existing auctions will close.

Bidville will be closing in phases, so here are some important messages regarding the closing process:

As of Tuesday, May 27, 2008 –

No new sellers will be allowed to register with Bidville.com
    No new auctions will be listed
    Auctions will not automatically re-list
    Guests can still register and bid in open auctions
    “My Bidville” tab will remain active for users and store owners to access information
    As of Friday, June 13, 2008 (2 weeks later)
    All auctions will close
    No new guests will be allowed to register
    The Bidville.com site will officially close and anyone searching for the site will be re-directed to a promo page sponsored by uBid.com Holdings Inc., explaining the closing of Bidville.com
    “My Bidville” tab will remain open to finalize sales and access information

As of Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 (approximately 3 weeks after closing)
    All transactions must be completed at this time
    “My Bidville” tab will become inactive
    We hope Bidville sellers who fit uBid.com Holdings Inc.’s B-to-C excess inventory solutions model will find uBid.com a viable option. For seller information, please visit www.ubid.com/sell.

Prorated refunds will be issued by sending an email request including your username, email address, and amount due to refunds@bidville.com. The deadline to submit a refund request is June 27, 2008.

Once again, uBid.com Holdings Inc. wishes to express its utmost appreciation to the Bidville community and wish you all the best in the future.

Thank you

• Options
    Thanks. My bookmark for bidville is the search page so I wasn't seeing that. I guess I need to start buying.