Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Attn Reggie Jackson Fans.....

I recently acquired a Reggie Jackson personal used golf ball. I am planning on listing it on ebay but would like to offer it to any members on here first. PM me if interested.

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    please....
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    I played golf for over 6 hours today. It was great fun.

Final round (9 holes): +3
  • Options
    I have pictures of the ball if you would like to see them. It is a Titleist number 44 and has no type on it but where the type should be it says Mr. October. Any questions do not hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    I played golf today too on the longest coursed in our area. Shot a 91 and got a sunburn. It was awesome.
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    List it. Where did you get the ball?

I played nine on Monday on our local public course. Shot a 40, drank a few beers, and had an overall large time. Golf is GREAT.image
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I played golf for over 6 hours today. It was great fun.

Final round (9 holes): +3 >>

OMG, i came within less than a tee length of my first Hole in One yesterday (been playing for 25 years). 135 Yard Par 3 8th hole - 9 iron. Bounced 4 inches from the hole and stopped 2 centimeters from it - and they had just watered the green! Worst birdie I've ever made. Shot +2 on the 9. Sneaked out after work. To the OP, I think you and I competed on a bunch of golf memorabilia over the past 4 years. I bet you have a great collection by now.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

6 hours for only 9 holes, wow, my blood pressure would have been sky high by then. Before my golfing buddy passed away in 06, we used to play 36-54 holes every Sunday, we had a lot of fun, but never got to where we could shoot consistently under 85, we'd take an occasional dip into the high 70's, but the fun part was that it seemed like most of the times we played, it would be very evenly matched the whole day.

Besides our lack of talent, we probably didn't score much better because we were going way to fast image I need to start playing again, since he died, I've probably only played 5 times or so and it's usually just because someone at the office needs a partner for a tourney.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Now a hole in one would be special. A lot of luck, but that is cool. I've never come close. I did hole out from the fairway with an 8 iron once (~160 yards out) but it just ain't the same! Golf is all about intermittent reinforcement IMHO. You can have three bad shots in a row, but its that beautiful drive or pin high approach that keeps you comin back!
  • Options

<< <i>

OMG, i came within less than a tee length of my first Hole in One yesterday (been playing for 25 years). 135 Yard Par 3 8th hole - 9 iron. Bounced 4 inches from the hole and stopped 2 centimeters from it - and they had just watered the green! Worst birdie I've ever made. Shot +2 on the 9. Sneaked out after work. To the OP, I think you and I competed on a bunch of golf memorabilia over the past 4 years. I bet you have a great collection by now. >>

I would love a par 3 under 160. I placed membership at the local course rather than the course 15 miles up the road. My logic was that the time spent on the road could be time playing golf. It's great for when I have an extra hour here and there. Considering that I work with young people I'll probably be there a lot once school gets out tomorrow. Either way, two of the par 3 holes are 160+ and 170+. In addition, we have a par 3 that's listed at 190 but plays over 200. It's down in a valley, protected by trees, and has a green with a tough slope. Usually an automatic 4 and not my favorite hole.
  • Options

<< <i>6 hours for only 9 holes, wow >>

I think I played 4 rounds.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

OMG, i came within less than a tee length of my first Hole in One yesterday (been playing for 25 years). 135 Yard Par 3 8th hole - 9 iron. Bounced 4 inches from the hole and stopped 2 centimeters from it - and they had just watered the green! Worst birdie I've ever made. Shot +2 on the 9. Sneaked out after work. To the OP, I think you and I competed on a bunch of golf memorabilia over the past 4 years. I bet you have a great collection by now. >>

I would love a par 3 under 160. I placed membership at the local course rather than the course 15 miles up the road. My logic was that the time spent on the road could be time playing golf. It's great for when I have an extra hour here and there. Considering that I work with young people I'll probably be there a lot once school gets out tomorrow. Either way, two of the par 3 holes are 160+ and 170+. In addition, we have a par 3 that's listed at 190 but plays over 200. It's down in a valley, protected by trees, and has a green with a tough slope. Usually an automatic 4 and not my favorite hole. >>

Hey, that just makes it an even cooler story when you drain one from 200 with a 4 Iron...that's be much more impressive than my near Ace with a 9.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Not trying to brag... ok, I am bragging. I have a hole in one! It was back when I played a fair amount. 145 yard and I used a 6 iron. My friends still laugh that I had to use a 6 iron but I was going through a period of not hitting real long. None the less it was a hole in one. It was about 10 years ago and I still have the ball and score card on my office wall.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, that just makes it an even cooler story when you drain one from 200 with a 4 Iron...that's be much more impressive than my near Ace with a 9. >>

I need to take a picture of the hole and post it. When you play the "back 9" from the blue tees it's a par 4 despite the fact that the box is typically 10-15 yards back. The kid I played with today nearly aced the 9th hole which played roughly 170. The ball went in the air maybe 80 yards, ran the rest of the way, and stopped just a hair beyond gimme range.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    My only hole in one ever I was playing a round with coworkers in a local tourney and used a DRIVER from about 175 as I always seemed to have a knack of being able to place it very well with that stick swinging it very easy on par 3's. It just so happend to be on a "Win-a-car" hole so I won my wife a brand new Buick Rendezvous. That was a crazy day!! Even got a House Resolution from the State of Texas image

My Texas House resolution for my once in a lifetime shot

I lost my amateur status that day when I accepted the car so it's the closest I've ever come to pro athletics!!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options

<< <i>My only hole in one ever I was playing a round with coworkers in a local tourney and used a DRIVER from about 175 as I always seemed to have a knack of being able to place it very well with that stick swinging it very easy on par 3's. It just so happend to be on a "Win-a-car" hole so I won my wife a brand new Buick Rendezvous. That was a crazy day!! Even got a House Resolution from the State of Texas image

I lost my amateur status that day when I accepted the car so it's the closest I've ever come to pro athletics!!

Mike >>

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Great story!
  • Options
    I can live with just one ace.

Might as well show the golf cart I rebuilt with a lot of help last fall. A local course was forced to close and I was able to get a great price on a used cart. It looks good when my game does not:

• Options
    Mike that's a crazy story! I wish you lived in LA, i'd take you out and play you for your rookie card collection. Hope you start playing more often. I have loved it my whole life
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    All this talk of aces has me fired up for my first round of the year tomorrow AM. I've seen two, one for me, one for my dad. I'm hoping for 85 or lower and a birdie.
  • Options

<< <i>List it. Where did you get the ball?

I played nine on Monday on our local public course. Shot a 40, drank a few beers, and had an overall large time. Golf is GREAT.image >>

It came from a private collection which i purchased. It contained many other famous people's personal used golf balls.
  • Options
    That cart is a head-turner. Nice work image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My only hole in one ever I was playing a round with coworkers in a local tourney and used a DRIVER from about 175 as I always seemed to have a knack of being able to place it very well with that stick swinging it very easy on par 3's. It just so happend to be on a "Win-a-car" hole so I won my wife a brand new Buick Rendezvous. That was a crazy day!! Even got a House Resolution from the State of Texas image

Mike >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts