Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Set Requests ?

Submitted cards around the first of the year. Got back end of February.
Have at least three sets I requested in early March, I believe. Submitted weighting for the sets in April and to this end none are listed yet.
At least two would qualify and I would expect to win the award.
I know where the resources have gone and this may not have been such a great time for all the software changes.
What are the odds that the sets will make it in before the deadline?
Fuzz
Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.

Comments

• fuzz,

how long has it took before. Reason I ask, have a few i'd like to get added in the
    near future.

thanx, gator
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Some of the players on the wait list, (Mark Grace, J.R. Richard) have been sitting on the list for almost a full year.

Fuzz,
    My guess is, you have NO chance to get your sets up before the deadline. You better cross your fingers that they are up before next years deadline.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    In my experience, new set requests will usually take anywhere between 1-3 months depending on the back log. PSA sent out an e-mail a few months ago saying that set requests and the such were going to have a longer than usual delay due to the new Registry V2. I was surprised at the timing myself, being that we are so close to awards day.

I'm sure there was a nice long line already in March. I mean I made a very easy request to have some of the Class of 2008 Pro Football HOFers removed from the FUTURE HOF set now that they've been elected. It was 3 cards and I made the request the 2nd week of Feb. They finally pulled them last week after V2 went live.

Unfortunatley Fuzz, I seriously doubt they will be adding any new set composites this close to the awards deadline. Usually they cut off new sets about a month prior.

Odds--2%..lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    I should clarify,

New player sets seem to take 6 month+, but if it's a Team Set, it could be much quicker. In my experience.

Still no chance for this year.
    Sorry
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    When I request a set, I e-mail the roster of the set, weighted to PSA. The roster is in the same table form as PSA uses. All PSA has to do is verify my work. This worked out in my favor when I requested the Walter Payton Topps master set. I leapfrogged alot of people on the list.
    It didn't work for me currently. I requested 10 team sets for the '69 basketball set and have been waiting for a few months. I think the V2 pushed their work back. Normally I would say 2-3 months for a team set.
  • thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Fuzz,
    Am I to assume that you are the "Fuzz" who jumped into the Non Sport arena with the 1966 Topps Monster Laffs set that went immediatlly to #1 with a bullit?!?! If so I guess I can't figure out why you do so well in the Sports side, being as how you have to hide your cards because your scared, intimidated by us real collectors, or whatever....!!????
    Anyway, if that's you and you ever want to "Be the Man", unhide your set, and "Be the Man" !!!!! Take the girly panties off....!!!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Neil,
    You comment is so bizarre it is hard to respond too. The set to which you refer is not now nor has it ever been hidden. In fact very few of the sets that I own are hidden and those are not non-sport and of no consequence. I never suggested any non-sport collecting goals and certainly your "be the man" comment must be about our Olympics kidding amongst friends. Sell some non-sport cards, buy a sense of humor and relax.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>I should clarify,

New player sets seem to take 6 month+, but if it's a Team Set, it could be much quicker. In my experience.

Still no chance for this year.
    Sorry >>

I requested the Saberhagen player set well over a year ago....it is no where near the top of the work list.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Neil at the risk of not starting a firefight here trust me my first responce to reading your post would not have been as nice as DR,s but since FUZZ was so cool headed about it i will too.

All i can say is the Fuzz never hides anything or anyone and you will not find a man with more passion about his hobbies then him.
    Also trust me that your opening a can you dont want Fuzz is well known and respected here and you will find yourself out numbered 1000 to 1 with your childish attacks at him.

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I figured Neils post was an inside joke between him and Fuzz. If it was meant to be taken as it was written it's way out of line, and Dave's taking the high road in responding to it seems pretty typical of him. While I've never had the pleasure of dealing with him I have many friends who have, and they all have the utmost respect for him. Easy to see why.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neilmust be getting ornery because of the bad subs he's been sending in...normally he opens his posts with "Good Day." image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neil, You are treading on a very slippery slope. There are only a handful of collectors in Dave's class and trust me he is a very well respected collector. No matter what catagory he collects he should be treated with the respect he shows for his collection and everyone that he deals with. I hope your comments were tongue and cheek because if they were not, you will lose alot of respect from about 90% percent of this board. Best to PM Fuzz and smooth things out. Joe
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Take the girly panties off....!!!! >>

Eeeewww ... then he'd be buck naked, and those little fuzzballs would be flapp'n in the wind.

(I think I just threw up a little in my mouth).

And by the way Mr. Fuzzy, why don't you "Be the man" and return the freak'n PM I sent you last week. lol

Mike

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/