Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need advice on non recieved ebay card

I recently purchased a card for $3.50 on ebay so with shipping it was around $7. The guy had it sent through USPS with a tracking number. Its been almost a month and no sign of the card even though the tracking number says it was delivered to my zip code on May 7. At this point what do I do? Go after USPS or neg the dude who sent the card? The seller has great feedback but we all know that doesnt mean much anymore.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    How about talk to your mail carrier first?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Have you let the seller know that you haven't received the card? For that amount, they may refund you to protect their great feedback.
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Huh?

The seller has great feedback and he shipped the card with proof of delivery... and you want to Neg him (for a $3 card)?

What did he do wrong? ...let me know what card it was and I'll ship it to you for free if I have it.

Mike
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Negging the seller would be crazy.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    The carrier likely put the item in the wrong box.

A PayPal claim will not likely prevail, if the DC shows delivered.

If EBAY is going to survive the current crisis, some movement
    towards allowing UCC to govern transactions is going to have
    to be made. Sellers cannot continue to be held responsible -
    and have their reputations ruined - due to errors by the carriers.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I say you NEG the USPS and call it a day.

The seller did nothing wrong here.......you paid for the card, he shipped the card (w/ DC), it shows delivered, you didn't receive it.

blame falls on USPS, ask your carrier for any suggestions, that is really all you can do at this point.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    If I were the seller I would just refund you 7.00 is not going to make or break me, but the seller is not obligated to do so and would not be doing anything wrong if he chose not to.

Actually a seller still having great feedback means ALOT more than it used to.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    If I were the seller I would just refund you 7.00 is not going to make or break me, but the seller is not obligated to do so and would not be doing anything wrong if he chose not to.

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    7.00 is not a big deal, but the fur did pay for an item he never received. If it was a bigger item everyone's opinion would be slightly different.

Before doing anything crazy, I would try to work it out with the seller. He may give you all your money back or maybe split the transaction 50/50. The USPS is not going to do anything for you at this point in time.
  • Options
    rpcoletranerpcoletrane Posts: 718 ✭✭
    The seller did everything he was supposed to. The USPS dropped the ball here. negging the seller would not only be unfair, but STUPID!
  • Options

<< <i>The seller did everything he was supposed to. The USPS dropped the ball here. negging the seller would not only be unfair, but STUPID! >>

In todays Ebay world this is going to become an all too common occurance. This is one of many reasons Ebay should have left the feedback system alone.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    It's still possible the package is sitting at the PO. Go or call and find out first.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I think you all are correct. A Neg to the seller doesnt make much sense. $7.00 is nothing to get excited about. It was a 08 UD spectrum tripple jersey card, and I NEVER buy jersey cards, but this one struck me. I just wonder if I take the tracking number to the PO if the could give me more detail; like the address, of where the bubble mailer was left. The tracking number info just states it was delivered to the zip code, pretty generic.
  • Options
    What you see is really all the info the USPS has as well. They can tell what carrier delivered it, but nothing else. Many carriers scan all their DCs delivered before they leave the PO.
  • Options
    Talk to your mail carrier.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Talk to your mail carrier.

Steve >>

with a bat in hand! image
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    what is your ebay user id?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I would:
    1) Tell seller what happend.
    2) If he gives you refund, great.
    3) If he doesn't give you refund, oh well....
    4) Do NOT neg the seller.
    5) Move on.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I contacted the sell a couple times and he was plesent and provided me with the tracking number. Its not his fault and wouldnt expect a refund. Talking to my mail carrier is next to impossible since i am at work when he delivers. What rattles me is I cant find aonther card online now image

cohocorp PM sent
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i> What rattles me is I cant find aonther card online now image >>

I feel your pain image
  • Options
    Talking to my mail carrier is next to impossible since i am at work when he delivers.

Ok then do the next best thing and go to the PO and speak with someone there.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    what card is it.someone here may have it. at 3.50 i'm sure any of us would part with it gratis.