Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do I do with this Leaf Jackie?

I was the high bidder on a Leaf Jackie Robinson rookie ($1925). However, the seller had a reserve of $1949. They emailed me and asked if I was interested in meeting their reserve. I am, but should I get a 2nd chance offer or do I just paypal them? I don't want to send that much money if it is not technically on a winning auction. How do I protect myself? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I would ask him to put it on eBay with a BIN and purchase it that way. It would offer a little more piece or mind for me anyway.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Get 2nd chance - protect yourself. Doesn't cost YOU anything. Or offer him 1900 thru paypal - that actually MAKES him money after the eBay fee that he would have had to pay - and you get the Paypal protection.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Request a second chance offer at the amount you posted unless you really want/need the card. Just make sure its an offical transaction through ebay.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Or offer him 1900 thru paypal - that actually MAKES him money after the eBay fee that he would have had to pay - and you get the Paypal protection.

Does a person still get paypal protection if it is not an ebay transaction?

I'd tell the guy to use BIN. Or 2nd chance offer, if you can when an item does not meet the reserve.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    eBay & Paypal are the same company... just be sure to use a credit card when using Paypal, your Bank (Credit Card issuer) will reverse the charges if you do not received what you paid for (or you can opt for a Paypal claim)-Good luck!

Are you a Jackie R. collector?

Mike