Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Fun at the Flea market Summer 2008 PSA cards and packs

Update- so far this month my sales at my local flea market are 400. (actual fundage adjusted for beer expenses.) Now, I am trying to decide how to flip the $$$. I noticed that unopened packs even junque such as 1988 Donruss- which is still being printed as we speak somewhere in southern Mexico,sell real good for a buck each. Graded Reds sell good at 3-5 per. One thing I have noticed- If Upper Deck issued 2500 Bench/Morgan auto cards in 1991 where in the heck are they? nOt on Ebay! Also I have noticed Game Used cards are a lot better than us jaded boxbusters thought they were cause chicks dig em! 3 words.........chicken fried bacon
USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Non sports cards. Cheap GU cards. Cheap auto cards...for you probably of Reds,Indians, Bengals, Browns players. Are there a lot of kids that attend with their parents? Harry Potter, Batman, Spiderman, Xmen, Disney singles for 15-25 cents each I think would be a big seller.

Of course cheap wax. Again, I think nonsports would do well. 1989 Fleer and 1989 Donruss since Griffey Jr rookies are in there and you are so close to Cinncinnati.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Here's a thread w/pics of some flea market type stuff I looked at the other day. If you are interested I can get a list of everything.

Text
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Mike -

I set up in Columbus every-other Vet's Memorial show. Exclusively selling wax from the 70's and 80's.

The first two shows I did not sell a single $1 pack. I had 86 topps base cello's, 87 topps base wax, 89 fleer base cellos' etc. I gave plenty away, but no buyers.

The last show two guys came around in the afternoon and basically bought out my entire inventory of junk boxes. Did it just for the ripping. Good guys. They understood that $20 for a cello box of 1989 fleer baseball is a better bet than $75 for a modern box.

Unfortunately, not too many feel the same way when comparing a $1 1980's pack to a modern $5 pack, however.

Just my observations.
  • Options
    How is it a better bet to rip 1989 Fleer? Are the Griffey rookies that valuable?
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

<< <i>How is it a better bet to rip 1989 Fleer? Are the Griffey rookies that valuable? >>

I guess it's more of an opinion than anything else.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Well, if you want to sell cheap wax, wouldnt that be one of the best ones? Wouldnt a kid who likes baseball love knowing he got a Ken Griffey Jr rookie, especially with the prices of new rookies? 1992 Upper Deck is a good one too for Chipper Jones rookies...and 1994 Upper Deck Collectors Choice for ARod rookies. I dont know if there is any cheap wax from 2000 up. They are only suggestions.