Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please Help: Tell Me What This Card Is Worth 1949 R302-2 M.P. & CO. #103 BOB FELLER

Hey everyone, thank you for looking/helping me!

I am hoping someone here can give me a little advice as I have no idea what the book/street/eBay value might be as well as what the scarcity of this card is.

I have had the card for a few years now, I bought it raw and am considering selling/trading it to a local collector who has been pretty aggressive in his quest to buy or trade me for this card.

He wantts and answer by this weekend and I have searched for info with no luck.

I like Feller alot and that is why I bought it but he has some really nice Mantles and Koufax cards and I need to know what I doing before I try and work out a deal

Card Details And Image:

Year: 1949

Card: R302-2 M.P. & CO. #103 BOBBY FELLER

Graded: PSA 6

The PSA Population Report: 1 (one) PSA 6, 0 (zero) Graded Higher

Thanks in advance,

Bill
For Sale Or Trade: Joe DiMaggio Signed PSA/DNA Authenticated First Edition/First Printing 1946 "Lucky To Be A Yankee" Book, Always Looking To Buy N.Y. Yankee & Thurman Munson Cards & Memorabilia, Lots Of Raw 1963 1964, 1965, 1968, 1969 Topps Baseball and 1963 Raw & Graded Fleer Baseball

Comments

• Options
    A lot of people hate that set, i like that card and have a lower grade one myself, without help from registry folk, i am guessing it is a $75ish dollar card in that condition, maybe up to 100. This is just a guess, i havent looked at prices in a long time, could be as low as 50 bucks.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I don't know the difference between them but there's also a R302-1 in a psa 6, the leader of the bob feller registry set has it.

I was outbid on a nice raw one a year or 2 ago (?) in the $85 range.

All wartime baseball cards are scarce. Not sure these are all that popular, what I read before I tried to get the one I lost out on was that a lot of people think they're not very appealing. I like them, but I like a lot of things that are generally unloved.

You might want to contact the bob feller registry leader, he has the similar card and might be the best buyer for yours. If he isn't interested, and you can trade for something you want and would pay over $100 for then you're probably ok. I wouldn't take less than that for it and I wouldn't trade unless it was for something I wanted and liked better than the feller.

Cool card image
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    I tried to get some VCP info for you but I couldn't find much....

A SGC 5 Bob Lemon went for $3.84 and a Berra SGC A went for $13.84 earlier this year.

The only card I personally own is a raw Dimaggio (3ish) and I probably paid about $50-60 for it about 2 years back.
  • Options
    BrinsdBrinsd Posts: 83 ✭✭
    MSASSIN - I HATE TO SOUND STUPID BUT WHAT DOES "VCP" STAND FOR?
    For Sale Or Trade: Joe DiMaggio Signed PSA/DNA Authenticated First Edition/First Printing 1946 "Lucky To Be A Yankee" Book, Always Looking To Buy N.Y. Yankee & Thurman Munson Cards & Memorabilia, Lots Of Raw 1963 1964, 1965, 1968, 1969 Topps Baseball and 1963 Raw & Graded Fleer Baseball
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i'm pretty sure that card is a 1943.. it's mislabeled..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

It's a 49' Card #103---the 43' is card #10..........

Here is my example of the #103....if his got a 6 what is this deserving of????????

• Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    Michael Pressner and Company

The card might be a 1943 and mislabled, but you need to see the back to be sure. If it has a number #103 on back its a 1949 (R302-2), if it doesnt its a 1943 (R302-1).

The front of the Feller card in both sets is identical, but most cards from 1949 will have type set names on front and 22 of the 25 cards have a card number on back (#100-#124, missing 104, 118, 120), while the 1943 has hand written names on front and all the cards are unnumbered.

Like others said, Both of the Michael Pressner and Company (M.P. & Co.) sets are not loved by many. Id estimate the Feller in the $50 range. In the last couple months I sold a raw 1943 Feller in better shape for $35, and a VG/EX one for $20.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

the back of the card for your viewing pleasure

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...if his got a 6 what is this deserving of???????? >>

Send it in and find out.