Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What to do with my Lincoln album?

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have from 1909-1926 in lower grades as shown below and 1926 to date in MS63 and higher.
I don't have the key dates though.

What grade do you say the ones below are?
I took an example of the lowest grade and the highest grade IMO

I've been thinking to sell the early years and upgrade. What do you think?
Also, with the increase in Lincoln's, how much do you think it will cost to upgrade to XF or maybe even Au.
Or, possibly wait till the hype over Lincoln's settles down in a year or two?


Stefanie




image

Comments

  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478 ✭
    I am in the same boat, sort of. I was just filling holes in my early Lincoln album and they range all over the place in grades. I have now decided to start over and work on a matching set of brown coins. I plan on selling my pre-1935 in the next month.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    RedneckHBRedneckHB Posts: 20,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the look of an XF-AU Lincoln album.

    The 11-S is AG and the 14-S is VF
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

    Knowledge is the enemy of fear

  • Options
    And if you are picky, you can acquire nice circulated early Lincolns that are original and well-struck for little premium over ALL the others that are on the market. I like your 14-S.

    Garrow
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    '11-S is AG. I call the '14-S fine,seems a little scruffy on the reverse to call very fine.I would suggest picking a range for all the grades to fall in and sticking with that. These in original XF-AU is a good choice and a challenge to find. I suggest you buy the keys (SVDB and '14D) already slabbed (PCGS).Don't wait to buy these later if you can afford them now.They should be holding their value after the hype goes down.

    Good luck to you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file