Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

UPS is the suxor.......

that is all. I now believe those who salute the USPS. I won't trust UPS again unless they start having Big Brown deliver all the packages. They'd be more reliable if they did.

RB
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    UPS for me stinks! The UPS man constantly throws my fragile packages and whenever I file a claim they just pass it on to the seller.
  • Options
    UPS leaves packages without leaving a notice, or getting the required signature sometimes. they are as pathetic as Ebay image
  • Options
    At least its not Fed Ex.. I would not let them take my garbage.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    UPS tells shippers to make sure your package will handle a drop from a table. So if you have something fragile they say you need at least 2" of packing all around the item. I do remember back 10 years ago when I was a GM for a mail order operation, every damaged package was deemed as "improperly packaged" by UPS. That was their out in regards to claims and they used to screw me on every claim. Go USPS!
  • Options

<< <i>UPS tells shippers to make sure your package will handle a drop from a table. So if you have something fragile they say you need at least 2" of packing all around the item. I do remember back 10 years ago when I was a GM for a mail order operation, every damaged package was deemed as "improperly packaged" by UPS. That was their out in regards to claims and they used to screw me on every claim. Go USPS! >>

That is the scapegoat ALL shippers use to get out of paying for damaged packaging. I know of one seller who had a package get run over by a USPS truck they deemed it inadequately packaged and denied the claim.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I recently learned that the "arrival scans" and "departure scans" that you see online with UPS are not actual scans of the package. They are "estimated" scans, meaning that's where the package should be at that point in time - but it may or may not actually be there. It happened to me recently and I had a UPS rep tell me they really had no idea where my package was. Then I did some google research and found out it's happened to others frequently.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>UPS tells shippers to make sure your package will handle a drop from a table. So if you have something fragile they say you need at least 2" of packing all around the item. I do remember back 10 years ago when I was a GM for a mail order operation, every damaged package was deemed as "improperly packaged" by UPS. That was their out in regards to claims and they used to screw me on every claim. Go USPS! >>

USPS thinks the same way. Our "machinable" parcels go down a conveyor belt type thing and drop into a hamper, and you never know if your 8" cubed parcel with 4 PSA holders in it lands under a box carrying a bowling ball. If they had to hand sort all packages they would be too slow and too expensive, so they want you to pack them well.

We don't drop a lot of packages and most of us try to be real careful loading our trucks etc especially when it is marked fragile, but there have been times in every carrier's career when they slipped and made a 1 point landing, and when something happens it's nice to have a well packed parcel.

As long as there is an honest attempt to pack it well USPS will honor most claims for damage.
  • Options

<< <i>UPS leaves packages without leaving a notice, or getting the required signature sometimes. they are as pathetic as Ebay image >>

That is so true !!! They left a 72 second series wax box on my doorstep a few years ago when I lived in the burbs, and by the time I got home it was gone. Shipper had insured it for 1500.00 and they just left it !!!
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>UPS leaves packages without leaving a notice, or getting the required signature sometimes. they are as pathetic as Ebay image >>

UPS did that to my wife & I twice while living in Colorado - except she was home BOTH times!

We had our wedding album & her wedding ring - both rather valuable items, as you might imagine - delivered to us via UPS. Both times signature required. Both times left outside our door without so much as a ring of the bell. Did I mention that we lived across the hall from the manager of our apartment complex and that our building was wide open to the general public? Awesome place to leave a package without even trying to deliver it, wouldn't you say?

Fortunately, both packages were found without incident. Still...

Tabe
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can report an almost-nightmare with these guys ( UPS ) I get home after work and I find a little yellow sticky on my storm door saying this is the final attempt to leave my package- ( just one of my prized possesions, a 1952 Bowman Large Sam Baugh PSA 7 card ) I flip out because I have been waiting for this card and havnt seen any sticky's! So I call UPS and they tell me the driver has left 3 notices but the wind might have blown them away! All in all I tracked the driver down and get my card but the whole thing lefat a bad taste in my mouth- USPS only!