Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2008's Ryan Braun....

Jay Bruce for the Reds?

3 for 3 tonight with 2 RBIs, 2 BB, 2 runs and a stolen base in his debut.

His 2005 Topps Chrome Auto RC (his best) is already flying off Ebay with buy it now activity. I have heard a lot of great things about him might be worth picking up a card or two for any prospectors out there.

mathew
baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    Bought one a couple of months ago. I would like to pick up a couple more but Bruce was called up too quickly. And yes, he's a stud.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    No wonder I can't win Fantasy Baseball - someone already picked him up in my league.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No wonder I can't win Fantasy Baseball - someone already picked him up in my league. >>

check this website daily to see headlines about the best prospects getting called up (they had the Bruce headline yesterday):

minor league baseball
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    They hype on Bruce before the season was already huge. 3-3 is nice, but that is what he had to do to keep up the hype, nice if you
    can continue that, but we all know that won't happen. Good Luck to Jay.

Kevin
  • Options
    It's just one game. Let's hold off on polishing the ROY trophy for him.

Alex Gordon was suppose to be the second coming, but that is still not proving to be true. Once major league pitching figures these young guys out, they realize the major leagues is not truly that easy.

Then again, Jay Bruce may excel. Time will tell, but I never hold my breath with young prospects, who are over-hyped by these Bowman Chrome prospectors looking to make a quick flip for a tidy profit.. That is why they get the hype machine rolling, to make them money.
  • Options
    kadokakidkadokakid Posts: 426 ✭✭
    I like his attitude, nice interview with him after the game on ESPN, impressive kid, even thought I'm not a Red's fan, I could root for him.

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    might be worth a shot to stash him on your roster image
  • Options
    i started him, even got me a SB.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey